Thread: Can rabbits have empty cereal boxes?

Default Can rabbits have empty cereal boxes?

I know they love cardboard but I don’t want to give it just in case the ink is dangerous, the gerbils are aloud to have them so I was thinking the rabbits might?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellieanna View Post
    I know they love cardboard but I don’t want to give it just in case the ink is dangerous, the gerbils are aloud to have them so I was thinking the rabbits might?
    I let my Rabbits play with them, but if they start to ingest a lot of cardboard I remove them. I never leave them unsupervised with access to cardboard as I feel the potential for them to ingest a lot and for it to cause a GI tract obstruction is too great.

The Black Rabbit of Inlé now comes in the invisible form of Covid 19. SELF ISOLATE to save yourself and others. Not doing so may kill you, it may kill many others too.

I wouldn’t give them cereal boxes as although they would probably like them, the ink could potentially be very harmful if digested. I’d definitely look at giving them plain cardboard without ink instead as I wouldn’t risk it.

As Jane said, Ingesting any cardboard is biggest concern. Otherwise I allow cereal boxes .
    Corrugated cardboard has glue,
    Last edited by bunny momma; 16-02-2020 at 10:57 AM.