Thread: Signs of ageing

Default Signs of ageing

Do rabbits go grey? My 10+ year old definitely appears to be fading around her back end and is almost white around her tail. Iíve had a few rabbits who have reached 9 but none in double figures and Iíve never seen this before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh bless her, a bit like me ! I've not had a bunny that old either, so not sure. I'm sure there will be plenty of others who have, who can answer your question. She looks good though
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
    Do rabbits go grey? My 10+ year old definitely appears to be fading around her back end and is almost white around her tail. Iíve had a few rabbits who have reached 9 but none in double figures and Iíve never seen this before.

My mini lop stayed her orange colour, she was white underneath already though, she didn't really change tbh. I'll be interested to see what other people report

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I dont think the fur colour changes, but how it grows does. The undercoat can become thicker hence your Agouti Dutch marked Bunny looks to be going grey around his bum. His undercoat is longer in that area. Also, from the photo it looks as though he has some age related loss of muscle mass over his rear. This can make the bum feel boney and the fur seem to be thicker xx

The Black Rabbit of Inlť now comes in the invisible form of Covid 19. SELF ISOLATE to save yourself and others. Not doing so may kill you, it may kill many others too.

Thank you Jane, thatís makes sense.

Holly was kept in a 3 foot cage for at least 3 years so has always had some muscle reduction, not that it stops her being first to the food bowl.

Sheís the only one I didnít take out vaccs4life for as I didnít think she would have a long life. Sheís managed to prove me wrong luckily.

Lopsy has changes: his white patches have moved, evolved I suppose! He also gets his 'summer ombrť' in the nape of his neck where his fur goes ginger at the tips in Spring! Although he's kept that all winter this year...
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Spenser did look older in his last year, but it wasn't fur-colour as he was pure white!