• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor Hutch Recommendations Available in the US

Hi, I am fostering a bunny and would like to adopt her but my husband has allergies. I want to purchase a humane outdoor hutch. I love the recommendations provided here but I can't seem to find them here in the US. Are there any US sold hutches that would get your stamp of approval for a bunny that will be outdoor year round. I live in Georgia so Winters are not terrible but want to keep our bunny warm and comfortable. Thank you for your help!

Hi KeenaRabbit, welcome to the forum :)

personally, I don't like hutches at all
imo the best outdoor setup is a garden shed adapted so it has an adjoining secure run. The advantages are size & makes things a LOT easier as you can walk in & stand (for cleaning etc).
the large air volume also makes it airier & warmer in winter.
cost-wise I would guess a shed would be a similar price to any decent hutch.

there are a few members on here with shed type setups. hopefully someone can post a pic or 2.

do you live in a town or in the country? i'm wondering what predators might be about.

Back