• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Looking for elderly male

Frankie28

Young Bun
I’m currently on the lookout for an elderly male after sadly having to say goodbye to my boy, Buster.
This would be to join Blossom, an 8.5 year old spayed and vaccinated female. Blossom has had a bit of a rough time in the past and spent over a year waiting for a new home in rescue due to her ‘aggression.’ It quickly became apparent after homing Blossom that she was not aggressive at all, just very, very frightened of people and other rabbits. It turned out that two different rabbits had both injured in the past, one causing a wound on her back and one tearing her nose, causing her now to often sneeze.
Although Blossom has come on leaps and bounds in confidence, I still believe it would be sensible to try and find an older, docile male for company. I think a young buck dashing around would be a bit scary for Blossom!
Based in East Sussex, Eastbourne but willing to travel.

Blossom on the right with her beloved husbun Buster, who taught her that having a friend is a lovely thing.

Last edited:
I’m sorry you lost Buster :cry: have you tried contacting your local rescues to see if they have any bun suitable? It’s worth contacting them even if they aren’t showing any bun that fits your criteria as I know it’s difficult for rescues to keep their records updated.

Blossom is lucky she found you who realized she was scared,not aggressive. I am sorry you both lost the handsome, chill Buster.
Sending you positive vibes.

Good luck in finding a new friend for Blossom, I'm sure somebun is out there just waiting. So sorry that you lost Buster, it's always hard when one bunny is left alone. Let us know how you get on xx

Thank you for all your replies, I’ve contacted various rescues but not had much luck. The oldest boy I’ve found is five but unfortunately he’s a 2 hour + drive from me.
So, I’m off to meet this boy today https://www.raystede.org/pet-profile/20496
He’s actually at the rescue where Blossom came from so they obviously know her and her needs. He’s a lot younger than I was intending but Blossom is starting to regress being on her own, very jumpy and grunty and generally unsettled. Therefore I’m very keen to find her a new friend ASAP as she’s obviously missing Buster and his companionship.
Wish me luck! X

Thank you for all your replies, I’ve contacted various rescues but not had much luck. The oldest boy I’ve found is five but unfortunately he’s a 2 hour + drive from me.
So, I’m off to meet this boy today https://www.raystede.org/pet-profile/20496
He’s actually at the rescue where Blossom came from so they obviously know her and her needs. He’s a lot younger than I was intending but Blossom is starting to regress being on her own, very jumpy and grunty and generally unsettled. Therefore I’m very keen to find her a new friend ASAP as she’s obviously missing Buster and his companionship.
Wish me luck! X

I hope it goes well today. Whilst Roger is younger than you had been looking for, I think he sounds as though his character is very suitable, which is also important. And also it's not as though he's a boisterous young bunny of only a few months old :) You also quite rightly have to consider the effect of a longer delay for Blossom.

There's also Marley there, who's older, but I'm presuming that Blossom is an outside rabbit?

Le's us know how you get on.

Yeah his temperament sounds perfect so fingers crossed. I did look at Marley but unfortunately is a snuffles bun so needs a snuffles wife.

Everything went really well with Roger yesterday. The rescue said he’s not one for dashing about, more quietly exploring. You could see that as soon as you met him, he just kept his distance and watched. They have tried bonding him with one female but that particular female was a bit too bouncy and full of energy, apparently it was all too much for Roger. So fingers crossed he sounds like he could be the perfect match for Blossom. I’ve reserved him for now and I’ll try and sort out some holiday with work ready for bonding.

Everything went really well with Roger yesterday. The rescue said he’s not one for dashing about, more quietly exploring. You could see that as soon as you met him, he just kept his distance and watched. They have tried bonding him with one female but that particular female was a bit too bouncy and full of energy, apparently it was all too much for Roger. So fingers crossed he sounds like he could be the perfect match for Blossom. I’ve reserved him for now and I’ll try and sort out some holiday with work ready for bonding.

Good news :) Fingers crossed all goes well for them both.

Back