• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

galens garden dried forage

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Hi:wave:

Spudsey isn't eating as much hay as I would like although I'm not sure the farm hay I had is as nice as it has been previously. She has a ravenous appetite however and is still super excited at breakfast time and loves her veg! Normally kale, green pepper, brocolli, sometimes cauliflower and herbs (basil, coriander, parsley) She has a mix of SS pellets, plus another one that had a higher fibre content and also profibre pellets, but she is producing most of the time small black droppings and also due to her age and mobility she is now requiring cleaning every evening as her back leg is often soiled and she's lost fur here too :cry:

She has really been enjoying a P@H :oops: forage though, so I ordered the following from galens garden...:shock: blackberry, apple, plantain, echinacea, hazel, strawberry, raspberry, pear, grass and flower mix and some green oat forage. Spent a mere fortune but hey she is almost 13! :shock::lol:

She also loves readigrass and I've been feeding a couple of small handfuls a day. Regarding the forage I was thinking of just putting it all together in one tub and then feeding a couple of handfuls a day along with the readigrass and also a few of those hay sticks which I can't recall the name of :? plus her usual small mix of pellets in the evening.

Does this all sound ok or has anyone got any other suggestions?

a feast fit for a princess. 13 :love: wow. she's done so well.

When i've dried my own forage I find it easier to put a medley in to the one tin. The only issue potentially could be if something didn't agree with her then you couldn't isolate it. I also quite enjoy seeing what they choose first & seeing how tastes differ over time. I hope they help with her poo if not I hope another hay can tempt her xx

Well I'm hoping she gets to 13! 2 months to go....but yes she has done amazingly well! Yes that's a point, probably best I see how she fairs on everything first especially anything she's not keen on. Hoping poos get back to normal, going to try some more hay from hop to forage as they are currently on offer :)

Some hay companies will send samples, Timothy hay.co.uk do, hay box club do, and you can buy a sample pack from hay and straw.co.uk and the hay experts. Mine prefer Timothy hay over meadow hay, although they like sweet green hay from nature’s own. It’s certainly worth trying her on some different types of hay.

Some hay companies will send samples, Timothy hay.co.uk do, hay box club do, and you can buy a sample pack from hay and straw.co.uk and the hay experts. Mine prefer Timothy hay over meadow hay, although they like sweet green hay from nature’s own. It’s certainly worth trying her on some different types of hay.

Thanks - she has tried a few from hay experts before but that was ages ago and I can't recall what she liked now! I'll look at the places you have mentioned thanks :)

Back