• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on bonding please

I thought I would give an update while I am sitting outside with the bunnies getting cold! Shadow gets to stay for now as there is obviously no rehoming going on right now. So I have told him he has a while longer while we are on lockdown to behave himself and be friends with Hazel! I have just continued with the same swapping rooms and sides in the run each day. They both tend to sit in the same corner when they have been out a while. They aren't showing aggression and if I go near them they both put their heads in the same corner and I stroke them both. The barrier is still between them though. Over a week ago I ordered a custom made run, 6ft by 5ft with a removeable divide so if they do get on I can remove it. The guy delivered it last sunday. I haven't touched it yet just in case but this weekend should be long enough. This has a sheltered bit and a mesh lid so I will be able to leave them in it and go inside. So my plan is leave them for a few hours each day, swapping sides each day still. That way they are forced to be in close proximity for hours but can also relax more as it is part sheltered. Then I might try some smooching inside with them after a week of that. Then eventually I will try them together again and see what happens. I hope you are all staying as safe as you can xxx

I thought I would give an update while I am sitting outside with the bunnies getting cold! Shadow gets to stay for now as there is obviously no rehoming going on right now. So I have told him he has a while longer while we are on lockdown to behave himself and be friends with Hazel! I have just continued with the same swapping rooms and sides in the run each day. They both tend to sit in the same corner when they have been out a while. They aren't showing aggression and if I go near them they both put their heads in the same corner and I stroke them both. The barrier is still between them though. Over a week ago I ordered a custom made run, 6ft by 5ft with a removeable divide so if they do get on I can remove it. The guy delivered it last sunday. I haven't touched it yet just in case but this weekend should be long enough. This has a sheltered bit and a mesh lid so I will be able to leave them in it and go inside. So my plan is leave them for a few hours each day, swapping sides each day still. That way they are forced to be in close proximity for hours but can also relax more as it is part sheltered. Then I might try some smooching inside with them after a week of that. Then eventually I will try them together again and see what happens. I hope you are all staying as safe as you can xxx

Thanks for the update. It sounds positive that they don't show any aggression and also that they choose to sit in the same corner. Your new run sounds very suitable.

C'mon Shadow, you've been given more time. Make sure you make the most of it :)

I hope you are staying safe too.

I don't know if you will find any help on these 2 websites: The Fluffy Group and A Girl Named Charles. :thumb:

Back