• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wanted: Elderly female

MichelleBee

Alpha Buck
Hi

Our recently bereaved elderly boy is looking for a new lady aged 7+. She must be neutered and preferably vaccinated. We are based in Doncaster.

We have tried rescues across the country, but they mainly have young rabbits. We've also tried rabbit rehome. A few rescues with older buns have turned us down as we have a toddler :-(

We are experienced owners and have bonded pairs and a trio before.

Our rabbit enclosure is a double dog kennel and runs. The enclosure can either be one long one or split in to two separate areas. Photos can be supplied.

We usually adopt from BARC, but they have no bun suitable and have been fab in messaging other rescues across the north of England for us, but no luck.

Please can anyone help? Our boy is lonely and desperately needs a new lady in his life!

I’m so sorry you lost your bunny :cry: BARC would have been my suggestion, maybe Tuckerbunnies might know of somebunny suitable? You could also try honeybunnies, they rehome nationally. Also rspca often have bunnies available, I don’t think there tend to be many at the Doncaster one but they often have a lot at rspca Macclesfield and also rspca Manchester and Salford branches, I have adopted from both branches before. I would email any rescues just in case they have somebunny not showing on their books, as I know it’s often difficult for them to keep their websites up to date.

Thanks for the reply. I've messaged Tuckerbunnies and Honeybunnies and am waiting for replies, so fingers crossed.

I've already tried RSPCA, but no luck on their website (I've done a search nationally).

There has to be an elderly lady bun somewhere!

Thanks for the reply. I've messaged Tuckerbunnies and Honeybunnies and am waiting for replies, so fingers crossed.

I've already tried RSPCA, but no luck on their website (I've done a search nationally).

There has to be an elderly lady bun somewhere!

It might be worth messaging the RSPCA branches that have more rabbits as they might have some bunnies coming in. Fingers crossed for you :love:

Is Nottingham too far?

Daisy was adopted from my last year but her hus-bun was put to sleep recently due to a stomach tumour and the lady isn't wanting to continue the cycle of rabbits so Daisy is looking for a new home. She's staying at the lady's house until I line someone up for her, then she'll come back to me for a week.
She's 6-7yrs, spayed and fully vaccinated

Photo here: https://www.facebook.com/BurrowedHe...990847694790/2186604984800030/?type=3&theater

Is Nottingham too far?

Daisy was adopted from my last year but her hus-bun was put to sleep recently due to a stomach tumour and the lady isn't wanting to continue the cycle of rabbits so Daisy is looking for a new home. She's staying at the lady's house until I line someone up for her, then she'll come back to me for a week.
She's 6-7yrs, spayed and fully vaccinated

Photo here: https://www.facebook.com/BurrowedHe...990847694790/2186604984800030/?type=3&theater

Daisy is beautiful :love:

Nottingham wouldn't be too far. Daisy is gorgeous. What is she like in terms of personality please?

:love: I’m not sure how often Burrowed hearts comes on here or if they will see your post so it might be worth contacting them directly:wave:

Don't worry - I'm adopting a belt and braces approach! I've replied to this thread, Facebooked them and emailed them. That way, I'm sure they will see one of my messages! :D

We've missed out on a RSPCA bun because they didn't see our message, so I'm not taking any chances anymore!

Don't worry - I'm adopting a belt and braces approach! I've replied to this thread, Facebooked them and emailed them. That way, I'm sure they will see one of my messages! :D

We've missed out on a RSPCA bun because they didn't see our message, so I'm not taking any chances anymore!

:lol: you’ve got everything covered I think:thumb:

Fingers crossed for you all:love:

Back