• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New home needed

andercha

New Kit
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and am hoping someone can help me out!

My 7month old female bun (Sparkle), whom is spayed, needs a new home. I got Sparks and her sister when they were 10weeks old and appeared to be inseparable. Over the first couple of weeks everything was going really well and they had settled into their new home. Unfortunately, that was short lived. A fight broke out and as a result Sparks endured a nasty gash to her eye (treated by the vet with antibiotics and completely healed), along with a rather large tear to her right ear (also treated by the vet). She's healed amazingly well and just has a bit of a flappy ear now - poor thing. I've had them completely separated since as I'm too afraid another fight will break out. Both myself and the vets believe their bond is now broken, and since she's been under so much stress it would be unfair to keep trying.

I had intended to keep Sparkle at my parents as I frequently stay there when visiting family and my daughter. However, I've found out today that my little one is allergic to Timothy Grass/Hay. This is adding to her eczema flare ups and has prompted me to begin the search in trying to re-home her permanently, with a very heavy heart. I refuse to give her to anyone wanting a gift for their partner or child, or to someone who thinks it will be great having a furry friend to pet. Sparkle has been through a lot and as a result is very nervous and needs her own space, someone who will respect that and give her time. I'm pretty sure she sees me as the horrible hooman who took her to the vets so much :(

To keep it short, I'm looking for advice from anyone whom might be interested in either re-homing her or knowing someone. Her location is in York, but I would be willing to travel wherever for the best possible home. If you or anyone you know would be able to help I would be incredibly grateful! I can provide a much more detailed description of her and provide pictures etc.

Many thanks in advance,

Charlotte

New home needed - added information

Dwarf Lop - sand and white merle
Very nervous, but will gladly hand feed from you and allow to be picked up or petted
Approx 7 months old
Female
Spayed and fully vaccinated - I have her vaccine card to pass on from vets to pets
Perfectly healthy. Her eye and ear healed with no issues
Needs to go to a home with prior experience in keeping bunnies
Yorkshire
Rehoming due to the allergic reaction my daughter has been diagnosed with and also the extreme fighting with her sister

Last edited by a moderator:
Back