Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5.5 years old rabbit pregnant?

Wise Old Thumper

How did the surgery go? How is she and how are you?
    PLEASE DONíT QUOTE MY POSTS IN ANY THREADS I START. Thank you

Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina_bag View Post
    Thanks for your reply. They live in one big room. The buck lives in his cage and my doe is cage free so my doe can see the buck in his cage. But untill 3 days ago they never reached each other to mate.
    She had behaviours like phantom pregnancy during the last two weeks before she jump into the buck's cage.

She used to chew her stitches after surgery and open them all!(she had two minor surgeries before) thats why I'm scared of spaying her(unless i know she is 'really' pregnant).

Is there a way to know if it's a phantom or real pregnancy?
    I thought does can't get pregnant after 4 years and they become sterile!
    I am surprised your vet did not suggest a spay while she was already having one of her other surgeries.
    Does can get pregnant and give birth when they are much older than your bunny.
    You mention your doe and buck are separated except this one time. Perhaps they could enjoy each other's company more if she was spayed, provided her health does not preclude an operation.
    Most breeders used to determine pregnancy by palpitsting for fetus. It had to be done when fetus was a certain size so could not be confused with fecal pellets and would not help at this early stage.
    I just read additional replies and see she was spayed today. You should get some pain relief for your bunny from your vet before taking her home.
    Sending lots of positive vibes for a quick and full recovery.
    What are the names of your bunnies? Are they a particular breed? We on RU like pictures and stories?
    Last edited by bunny momma; 05-02-2020 at 09:58 PM.