• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fenugreek crunchies

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
I purchased a bag of Rosewood Fenugreek Crunches and when they arrived I see that the main ingredient is corn with only 2% fenugeek.
Are these safe treats for bunnies with so much corn?

I have fed them in the past to multiple bunnies without any issues, but I stopped buying them when the last pack was finished because I read some people thought they might have been a cause of stasis/ excess caecotrophes.

I used to give these to my buns. However one of them is prone to gut stasis, so have taken them out of his diet. He's had fewer episodes of GI stasis since. It may be a coincidence, but I don't want to take the risk.

To be honest, I've never bothered checking the ingredients, Treacle has one every night. It's made me think now, she sometimes has excess cecos in the morning. Might start leaving them off and see what happens.

Phillip, Britney and Whitney have one most days, it's their favourite treat and they don't have many pellets so I figure it's ok. None of them seem to be affected.
Snowy was stasis prone and they never bothered her either.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.
Two of my bunnies had stasis and dentals recently, so I am not going to take a chance with Rosewood Fenugeek crunchies even though some of your bunnies are fine using as a treat.
I give them pellets as their treat, plus they love the Selective Naturals Garden stick treats which I recently heard about..
After dentals they ate pieces of garden stick before they ate greens, pellets, or hay.

I very much only give them as very special treats, either to disguise medication or because they're all I have to tempt an uncooperative bunny. I haven't had to resort to the latter for years, given the forage we have lying around.

I very much only give them as very special treats, either to disguise medication or because they're all I have to tempt an uncooperative bunny. I haven't had to resort to the latter for years, given the forage we have lying around.
You are lucky to have access to forage, plus you have knowledge of acceptable items.
I live where neighbors spray lawns with chemicals to kill 'forage'. I do not .

Last edited:
Back