• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could we please have........U/D 14th Feb observations

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Could we please have a big RU forum shout out and hello to Ru's newest bun....
Lets hear it for .....LEO
qNd1ymX.jpg
[/IMG]

q23SmB8.jpg
[/IMG]

Now, I want to say to everybun, that I feel an awful sese of guilt and a degree of dispresect in Henry's memory. I am still hurting very badly from the loss of Henry - I still sob daily and I miss him so so very much.
But the fact is, we have witnessed a change in Lillians behaviour - she has been more withdrawn this last week and we believe Lillian has begin to accept Henry is not coming back and she is also hurting. Lillians mental wellbeing is my absolute priority and she relied so much on Henry for her stability. He was her rock. Lillian has become more reluctant to spend time with us, but accepts strokes and nose rubs more. She has been outside in the garden but won't spend long out because she feels lonely and isolated.
Long story short, we discovered this little chap on the local blue cross site here in Ipswich and we were invited to meet Leo at the foster home this afternoon.
He is a confident chap, a lionhead (as if you hadn't worked that out), and is about 4/5 years old. He has only just had his plums lopped off and has never been bonded with anoy other rabbits. He has been with the same owner who got him from a breeder. He is microchipped and has been given a full health check. He's had some spur work done, but other than that appears to be in good condition. He loves parsley and fresh veg but not a hay fan. He is used to living outside and loves being stroked on his face and having nose rubs. The foster carer said he is the nicest rabbit she has had in her care.
He doesn't seem to be boisterous, seems to be inquisitive, but understandibly nervous of the situation. It's a huge upheaval for Leo, being in a loving home for 4 years, then put into rescue and now being moved again so quickly.
It will be a hugely unsettling time for Leo, and we also now have to work out how to start bonding with Lillian. I am sure Leo will love to explore the garden and all the hiding spots, and once he's tuned into the surroundings, hope he will feel as if he will accept us as his new forever home. And of course, we would hope that he and Lillian will find friendship and hopefully a new love.
We collect Leo, all being well on Tuesday next week so I've got some work to do tomorrow to get the hutch ready outside. At the moment, I am struggling hugely with the chest infection, almost hospitalised twice earlier this week and have the energy levels of a tortoise at the moment. Looks like I'm going back to the GP next week to see how we can make me better.
Sorry the photos aren't brilliant - I wanted to reepect the situation so didn't really get great photos. But once he is here, I will happily post a full set of proper photos so you can see Leo in all his floofyness.
Craig x

Last edited:
He is gorgeous:love: he is a very lucky bunny to be coming to live with you. You should not feel guilty, you are putting Lillian’s needs before your own, as always, and I hope Leo will be a positive distraction for you.

Oh Craig, I'm so happy for Leo, he's really fallen on his paws :) he is gorgeous :love: I'm so pleased that you and Mrs Craig have found it in your hearts to let another bun into your lives, and to be a friend for Lillian. Now, you need to get yourself better young man, both Leo and Lillian (that sounds lovely) are going to need your guidance with this bonding malarkey. Look after yourself xxx

We all know that Leo will never replace Henry in your heart, yet am pleased Leo has a good home.
Leo is very handsome. He sounds like a lovely chap.
Reading your posts tells me it will not be long before your heart grows larger so it can hold Henry, Lillian, and Leo.

Aaaw. Leo looks lovely and is a very lucky bun to have such a wonderful forever home. Hoping that bonding goes well when you attempt to introduce him to Lillian.

Welcome to RU Leo. He looks just like my Lily and these Lionheads make lovely pets, they are usually very sweet and friendly.

Only happy tears here, Craig. Leo is so handsome. :love: Harlequins are some of my fave bunnies and my lionhead, Pip, was such a great character. All the best wishes that the transition and bonding go off without a hitch. Thinking of you all and sending my very best vibes your way. xx

Oh Craig he is just stunning :love:

He is very lucky to be coming into your family and I can't wait for more updates.
He will never replace Henry but you're absolutely doing the right thing for Lillian :love:

Welcome Leo. You have big paws to fill but I’m sure Lilian will love you as much as we do.

Oh my goodness! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] Hi Leo [emoji7]

Oh Craig, he's beautiful, I really hope him and Lillian become friends [emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Hello stunning boy! Oh and hello Leo too!
I hope you start to feel better soon Craig and that Leo can help to heal all your hearts xxx

Back