• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New French Lops owner!

Hello!

I’m here to learn as much as I can about my new French lops. I have 2 sisters - Truffle and Lottie and they are 10 1/2 weeks old. This is their 4th day with me and they are doing brilliantly (though it’s more work than I expected it’s totally worth it)

I’ve owned all sorts of animals before - mostly dogs but also cats, rats and hamsters.

I’ve moved into my first home of my own so I was so happy that I could finally get a pair of rabbits. They live indoors but will have lots of access to outside when they are a bit older and the weather is nice.

So hi! Looking forward to learning and becoming a great French Lop owner

45eae66902b876a36e4e0cfcdd4202be.jpg
4b5891e4d28d9b0e98c1c90f3584e936.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi welcome to the forum, french oops are lovely. You will learn lots on the forum. Have they had their vaccinations for vhd1 myxi and rhd2 strain?. Also get get to double check that they are both females. Once old enough definitely get them spayed to prevent uterine cancer

Hi mini lop1. The breeder gave them vaccinations the day before they came to me but I will check with her which vaccinations they had. I am taking them to the vets for a checkup tomorrow so any outstanding vaccinations will be done. I’m pretty sure they are girls but I’m sure the vet will tell me if they are not.

I’ll definitely be getting them spayed when they are the right age :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum :wave: if they are both girls you will need to watch them carefully for fighting once their hormones kick in. You may need to split them up if they do fight, and rebond once their hormones have subsided post spay, hopefully it may be possible to avoid all that by spaying once they are old enough.

Hi welcome to the forum :wave: oh my goodness what a pair of gorgeous bunnies, they have beautiful faces, I look forward to hearing and seeing more about them. Lots of helpful and friendly folk on here, should you ever need it :)

Your girls are gorgeous! Welcome to the forum, there’s lots of knowledge and support here, so hope you enjoy being part of it all.

Hi and welcome to the Forum. Rabbits need lots of hay to keep their teeth worn down and their tummies healthy. Also they can be litter trained so best to start early using a nice big litter tray as they will want to sit in it together and put hay over newspaper or whatever you choose and this will encourage them to use it for their toilet, as rabbits like to eat while they poop. There is a lot of wonderful advice on the Rabbit Welfare Associations website and they also publish a monthly magazine called "Rabbiting On" which is worth buying as it has lots of interesting articles regarding bunnies' health etc.

Back