• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pro-fibre pellets for Atticus

Graciee

Staff member
So after Rudey seemed to like them, I thought I'd give them a go, Atticus needs to gain weight and I was told to introduce pellets to his diet if he could tolerate them.

Well things got a bit better almost immediately after day 3, I mean he was still unwell but it definitely improved, then I had a moment and forgot to feed him one night, the next day... What a mess! He's been back on them for a few days and it's gone back to being better but obviously not normal rabbit output.

Just thought I'd post as I'm really impressed with them so far :D

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm pleased they are helping Atticus, I'm sure they help Rudey. He doesn't eat them willingly though. I put them in his syringe feeds. Does Atticus like them?

That's great news, Treacle has a little sprinkle on her breakfast every morning (and her little slice of narnie :roll:)

I'm pleased they are helping Atticus, I'm sure they help Rudey. He doesn't eat them willingly though. I put them in his syringe feeds. Does Atticus like them?

Ah that's interesting!

Atticus does eat them willingly, however only so many, then he doesn't want anymore. I've been working up to maybe half that scoop they come with a day, if you put a few extras in he'll leave them though. So I don't think he loves them.. I mean I know if I offered him a SS or excel pellet, I could just leave the bag and he'd just keep eating [emoji38] he is the least fussiest bun I've had though, this is the first food item ever that he's not bitten my hand off to get to. So I bet they aren't that nice, but just okay.

That's great news, Treacle has a little sprinkle on her breakfast every morning (and her little slice of narnie :roll:)
Awh Treacle, love that she has a little bit of nana with her breakfast [emoji7] better not let Atticus hear, he loves nana and raspberries... Not that he's allowed any [emoji38]

I'm not sure if you'll remember but my rabbit Obi has digestive problems and you mentioned that atticus had similar symptoms.
I've been giving Obi a tablespoon of pro fibre pellets every day for the last few weeks and I'm sure they're helping him too.

I’m glad the pro fibre is helping Atticus. My bridge-bun Jack was prescribed them for a while, and just like Atticus he’d eat a few from his bowl, but only to a point. We gradually got him up to a full scoop, and they did him the world of good.

Back