Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Toasty's making light wheezing/snorting sounds

Default Toasty's making light wheezing/snorting sounds

Hi guys, I wanted to let you guys know that Toasty has just started to make light wheezing sounds frequently this evening. His head bobs up and down, when this happens. It happens for a few mins then stops for a minute. I noticed a bit in the morning and regret not taking him to the vet . I would of taken him to the emergency vet tonight but can't afford it . The receptionist told me it would be 200 and then told the vet the problem, which the vet suggested to monitor Toasty during the night and take him to the vet first thing in the morning, which I'm going to do. He had 0.12ml of the Terramycin LA injection for snuffles as he had a little crust under his nose and it was slightly wet, which was suppose to last for 3 days and he got it on the 28th of December. Please send good vibes for my little Toasty. I'm going to be up all night looking after him. I think this is the reason he was looking withdrawn but I didn't see any symptoms except for him shuffling and sleeping a lot, which I thought was because of his sore leg and now i feel awful .

Sending lots of vibes. Most vets will offer payment plans, I would try to get him seen ASAP as they are so fragile.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty123 View Post
    Hi guys, I wanted to let you guys know that Toasty has just started to make light wheezing sounds frequently this evening. His head bobs up and down, when this happens. It happens for a few mins then stops for a minute. I noticed a bit in the morning and regret not taking him to the vet . I would of taken him to the emergency vet tonight but can't afford it . The receptionist told me it would be 200 and then told the vet the problem, which the vet suggested to monitor Toasty during the night and take him to the vet first thing in the morning, which I'm going to do. He had 0.12ml of the Terramycin LA injection for snuffles as he had a little crust under his nose and it was slightly wet, which was suppose to last for 3 days and he got it on the 28th of December. Please send good vibes for my little Toasty. I'm going to be up all night looking after him. I think this is the reason he was looking withdrawn but I didn't see any symptoms except for him shuffling and sleeping a lot, which I thought was because of his sore leg and now i feel awful .
    Poor Toasty. I do feel that his problems may all be Dental related, including his respiratory symptoms. His recent 'conscious dental' really cannot have established the full picture, especially regarding his tooth roots. That aside, he needs to be seen by a Bunny Savvy Vet first thing this morning. Hopefully the Upper Respiratory Tract Infection wont have now gone down onto his lungs, but this needs to be investigated. It could be that the wheezing is due to severe nasal congestion. Nebulising him 2-3 times a day should be beneficial. As would giving a mucolytic such as Bisolvon to thin out the mucus and allow it to drain out more easily . I wont post lots of links to information now, as the most important thing to do is to get Toasty to the Vet as soon as they open. Personally I'd be on their doorstep for opening time and say that your Rabbit has a known RTI and is now showing signs which may indicate 'respiratory distress'. Dont let them make you feel bad about doing this as the situation is potentially an Emergency.

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

Sending vibes for Toasty. I agree with Jane about showing up when they open. The worst thing is to call when they open and learn that the vet just went into a surgery, that they had an early cancellation that is no longer available/or that you could not get there in time.

Wise Old Thumper

Thinking of you and Toasty. I hope the vet visit goes well.

Topping up vibes for Toasty.

Sending loads of vibes for Toasty x
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Poor Toasty. I do feel that his problems may all be Dental related, including his respiratory symptoms. His recent 'conscious dental' really cannot have established the full picture, especially regarding his tooth roots. That aside, he needs to be seen by a Bunny Savvy Vet first thing this morning. Hopefully the Upper Respiratory Tract Infection wont have now gone down onto his lungs, but this needs to be investigated. It could be that the wheezing is due to severe nasal congestion. Nebulising him 2-3 times a day should be beneficial. As would giving a mucolytic such as Bisolvon to thin out the mucus and allow it to drain out more easily . I wont post lots of links to information now, as the most important thing to do is to get Toasty to the Vet as soon as they open. Personally I'd be on their doorstep for opening time and say that your Rabbit has a known RTI and is now showing signs which may indicate 'respiratory distress'. Dont let them make you feel bad about doing this as the situation is potentially an Emergency.
    Hi Jane, I rang and took Toasty to the vet first thing, thankfully there was an appointment available. She listened to his lungs with a stethoscope and said she could here some noise and gave another injection of the Terramycin. She told me he'll need to be on a course for it. They put him in an oxygen chamber now, as he was opening his mouth. I really do hope its not an infection in his lungs. The vet did ask me if there was any nasal discharge, which there wasn't. I hope they do neubulise him as well, as I was thinking it could be nasal congestion, but the vet didn't say so. The vet is going to give me a call in a couple of hours, I'm not sure if I should ring and suggest to neubalise him
    Last edited by Toasty123; 03-01-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Sending vibes for Toasty. I agree with Jane about showing up when they open. The worst thing is to call when they open and learn that the vet just went into a surgery, that they had an early cancellation that is no longer available/or that you could not get there in time.
    Thanks bunny moma. Fortunately there was an appointment available first thing so the vet was able to see him. In fact she was stood near the reception when I came in, so she knew it was an emergency. Took him straight in and gave an injection of the terramycin and now they have put Toasty in an oxygen chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Sending lots of vibes. Most vets will offer payment plans, I would try to get him seen ASAP as they are so fragile.
    Thanks Zoobec, he's going to be at the vets for a couple of ours now, I'm just dreading the call from the vet, I'm just praying that he'll get better