Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a question for Syringe Feeders

Mousey's face during Mondays consult when she was burritoed was an absolute picture. I can only burrito Joey myself, the others are wriggling escapees . It does seem to calm them (mine) when its done right tho

I do find it bizarre Rudey will no longer eat off his bamboo spoon but will eat the same offering (made thinner) from a syringe. I dont even put the syringe in his mouth, just very near it.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I do find it bizarre Rudey will no longer eat off his bamboo spoon but will eat the same offering (made thinner) from a syringe. I dont even put the syringe in his mouth, just very near it.
    I don't have answers but Atticus does stuff like that, one minute something is acceptable, next week it's all changed Idk why it happens!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Burrito but with paws on something solid. Dilly seemed to know a towel on the table meant he was being "done" and almost seemed to accept that. If his feet were not on something solid he would flick his body and he was to heavy for me to hold.

Bramble was the first bun I had to medicate regularly and she would just sit there on the worktop and let me do whatever was needed. She was a very unusual bun though, she even let the vets take blood from her without any sedation!
    I find they like to have something grippy under all four paws such as a towel.
    When bloke was here, I’d put bun on his lap facing outwards, bum against his stomach so they couldn’t reverse. He’d hold their sides and I could then kneel in front and do the necessary, we’d get a bit of head wriggling but usually managed.
    I still tend to sit bun on a towel or fabric square on the sofa now and use the back and arm of the sofa to help keep them safe. Thankfully, I haven’t had to do it recently. *touches wood*
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Glingle View Post
    Bramble was the first bun I had to medicate regularly and she would just sit there on the worktop and let me do whatever was needed. She was a very unusual bun though, she even let the vets take blood from her without any sedation!
    I find they like to have something grippy under all four paws such as a towel.
    When bloke was here, I’d put bun on his lap facing outwards, bum against his stomach so they couldn’t reverse. He’d hold their sides and I could then kneel in front and do the necessary, we’d get a bit of head wriggling but usually managed.
    I still tend to sit bun on a towel or fabric square on the sofa now and use the back and arm of the sofa to help keep them safe. Thankfully, I haven’t had to do it recently. *touches wood*
    sorry

He's a good boy, if fickle. Neither Mousey nor Rudey were sedated for bloods - I didn't know they did that

Oh dear lol, J&B and Glingle

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    What position do you use ? Burrito & hold bun semi upright or all paws on the ground / table?
    dear joey&boo,--when syringe feeding a rabbit,-a burrito works well-on a table,providing you have access to the mouth and an excellent grip[all around the rabbit]--safety first,--the syringe is always intended for the cheek area-2cc per bite,then swallowed,-not directly down the throat[the response is immediate]-and negative--.-sincerely james waller-from the other kent-usa

J&B - remind me to be more careful about how I word things in future!
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Glingle View Post
    J&B - remind me to be more careful about how I word things in future!