• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Toffee will be in need of a new home

maisydaisystar

Alpha Buck
Hi to you all

Ive been a member of this group since 2008 and have owned rabbits for much longer than that.
I currently have Marley and Toffee,
Very sad to say that Marley will be going to rainbow bridge tomorrow, He is almost 11 and has slowly been getting more and more arthritic and losing body mass, he has to be kept on one level as he can't manage the ramp anymore, he is quite unstable on his legs now which means he's
not moving alot, and is unable to clean himself and is getting into quite a mess underneath, mostly urine,i'm very sad but i don't want him to suffer.
Also because it's cold i keep trying to keep him warm with lots of hay, but Toffee keeps kicking it all out, so the time has come to say goodbye to the old boy.

I don't want toffee to be alone and i'm in a situation where i can't have anymore.

Toffee is a brown lion head- dwarf cross
approx 7 years old
female
neutered
not vaccinated (has been in the past)
in excellent health (although a little over weight as very greedy,as with Marleys condition been feeding more pellets than normal)

Toffee isn't overly keen on being picked up but once in your arms she is usually fine.
The reason for rehoming her is explained above

I am in Ipswich Suffolk and would like her to go to someone with a lot of rabbit experience and knowledge of bonding rabbits or knows someone who has.

i hope this post is ok
thanks
maisydaisystar (paula)

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear about Marley :cry: some photos of Toffee will help. members will also want any rabbits coming to them to be vaccinated against rhd1,myxomatosis and rhd2, it’s given in 2 separate vaccines, so I would arrange that ASAP to ensure Toffee is protected against those diseases.

https:/
view
This is a private Google drive, which won't work, can you upload the image to imgur?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Zoobec has taken the words right out of my mouth!;)
I would have her vaccinated ASAP against these dreadful diseases.
I meant Toffee not Zoobec re vaccinations.
A very sad day for you today - I’m so sorry. So difficult to let our beloved pets go as, quite rightly, they are part of who we are.

I'm not looking for a new bunny, but she is absolutely gorgeous :love: She's a beautiful colour (toffee perhaps :)) and is very cute :love:

I hope you find a wonderful home for her and I am so sorry about Marley.

Is there any way you could have Toffee as a housebun, so she would have your company rather than being outside on her own?

Great news
Toffee is going to the Suffolk animal rescue, the lady that fosters the rabbits has a male that would be ideal to bond with her.
Fingers crossed they get along.
Thank you for all your support

Back