• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snuggle safe

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Thinking of this for R&M who get cold easily, we always top up the coal before bed but there is still a lull where it is cooler in the house late night til heating kicks in. I can't find the dimensions though. Mouse is a long bunny (2.8k) & Rudey smaller but both sprawl & flop - they rarely loaf. Would they fit on it?

Another option would be to make a kind of box for them with warm stuff (blankets etc) inside but I'd need to be really careful as Rudey catches his legs easily & it sets him back a few days when he does

Thinking of this for R&M who get cold easily, we always top up the coal before bed but there is still a lull where it is cooler in the house late night til heating kicks in. I can't find the dimensions though. Mouse is a long bunny (2.8k) & Rudey smaller but both sprawl & flop - they rarely loaf. Would they fit on it?

Another option would be to make a kind of box for them with warm stuff (blankets etc) inside but I'd need to be really careful as Rudey catches his legs easily & it sets him back a few days when he does
We use snuggle safes for the white buns, they get one each, next to each other, every night, they lay on them next to each other [emoji38]

Atticus is about the same weight as Mousey, he needs his own one too tbh, they don't take long in the microwave though :)
Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

We use snuggle safes for the white buns, they get one each, next to each other, every night, they lay on them next to each other [emoji38]

Ah that's good to hear - if your white buns fit on them they can't be that tiny? i bet mouse will lie across both & not let rudey on. Are they all the same size (snuggle safes not rabbits) ?

Ah that's good to hear - if your white buns fit on them they can't be that tiny? i bet mouse will lie across both & not let rudey on. Are they all the same size (snuggle safes not rabbits) ?
I can measure one tomorrow morning, they've just gone out, and there's no way I'll be able to get them back [emoji38] they basically are like hens, their tummy seems to cover the snuggle safe [emoji38] when Atticus lays on one you can see it either side of him, he's skinny though [emoji38]

Yea they seem to be a standard size. They aren't tiny or large, probably like a dinner plate size? [emoji38]

I'm sure they'd like them if they like laying on warm things :) Atticus always has one when he's unwell, day and night, he puts his belly on it.

Google says its 9 inches in diameter

This is the one we have, well apparently we own 5..[emoji51] But there's like different packaging on some I've noticed.

00ce1adcc72a7023c5a294cc1351f3a8.jpg

Last edited:
Treacles "bed" is a low sided cat litter tray. It's lined with newspaper with a layer of hay on it, she has a warm snuggle safe underneath the paper every night. She loafs in it every night :love:

If you manage to source some well-dried large oak logs and turn the vent down they will burn all night :)

Your two are heat-huggers, aren't they? I expect they'll lay their bodies on them to keep their insides warm :) I've never seen ours use theirs (since they've had a playhouse), but it gives me peace of mind.

If you manage to source some well-dried large oak logs and turn the vent down they will burn all night :)
Seconded. We have some small oak logs and I won't use them unless I get up really early and it's really cold, I choose the euonymous instead! Got one on now (a half-log) since 10:30am and it's keeping the temp about 16C but it's about 9 outside. so not very cold at all.

Your two are heat-huggers, aren't they? I expect they'll lay their bodies on them to keep their insides warm :) I've never seen ours use theirs (since they've had a playhouse), but it gives me peace of mind.

Seconded. We have some small oak logs and I won't use them unless I get up really early and it's really cold, I choose the euonymous instead! Got one on now (a half-log) since 10:30am and it's keeping the temp about 16C but it's about 9 outside. so not very cold at all.

Mouse said to glare at you for the suggestion 16 degrees is acceptable:lol:

May try the oak when finances are better & we've burnt through more floor boards & joists. . In the meantime I have been gifted 2 snugglesafes :love: How long do you microwave for please?

Mouse said to glare at you for the suggestion 16 degrees is acceptable:lol:

May try the oak when finances are better & we've burnt through more floor boards & joists. . In the meantime I have been gifted 2 snugglesafes :love: How long do you microwave for please?

7 minutes. Does it not have a label on? Varies slightly depending on microwave power.

Mouse is cuddling it with top half of her body:love: (& its certainly not cold in here yet)

aOktt9wl.jpg

Thanks so much BB

Last edited:
Aww Mousey poo. Snuggled under a radiator while cuddling a heat pad. Seems there's no such thing as too much heat!

It must be doing wonders for her arthritis.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Back