Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Snuggle safe

  1. #1
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    14,829

    Default Snuggle safe

    Thinking of this for R&M who get cold easily, we always top up the coal before bed but there is still a lull where it is cooler in the house late night til heating kicks in. I can't find the dimensions though. Mouse is a long bunny (2.8k) & Rudey smaller but both sprawl & flop - they rarely loaf. Would they fit on it?

    Another option would be to make a kind of box for them with warm stuff (blankets etc) inside but I'd need to be really careful as Rudey catches his legs easily & it sets him back a few days when he does

  2. #2
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Thinking of this for R&M who get cold easily, we always top up the coal before bed but there is still a lull where it is cooler in the house late night til heating kicks in. I can't find the dimensions though. Mouse is a long bunny (2.8k) & Rudey smaller but both sprawl & flop - they rarely loaf. Would they fit on it?

    Another option would be to make a kind of box for them with warm stuff (blankets etc) inside but I'd need to be really careful as Rudey catches his legs easily & it sets him back a few days when he does
    We use snuggle safes for the white buns, they get one each, next to each other, every night, they lay on them next to each other

    Atticus is about the same weight as Mousey, he needs his own one too tbh, they don't take long in the microwave though
    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    14,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    We use snuggle safes for the white buns, they get one each, next to each other, every night, they lay on them next to each other

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Ah that's good to hear - if your white buns fit on them they can't be that tiny? i bet mouse will lie across both & not let rudey on. Are they all the same size (snuggle safes not rabbits) ?

  4. #4
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Ah that's good to hear - if your white buns fit on them they can't be that tiny? i bet mouse will lie across both & not let rudey on. Are they all the same size (snuggle safes not rabbits) ?
    I can measure one tomorrow morning, they've just gone out, and there's no way I'll be able to get them back they basically are like hens, their tummy seems to cover the snuggle safe when Atticus lays on one you can see it either side of him, he's skinny though

    Yea they seem to be a standard size. They aren't tiny or large, probably like a dinner plate size?

    I'm sure they'd like them if they like laying on warm things Atticus always has one when he's unwell, day and night, he puts his belly on it.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,784

    Default

    Google says its 9 inches in diameter

    This is the one we have, well apparently we own 5.. But there's like different packaging on some I've noticed.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Graciee; 21-01-2020 at 11:54 PM.

  6. #6
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    14,829

    Default

    thanks so much

  7. #7
    Forum Buddy Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    8,292

    Default

    Treacles "bed" is a low sided cat litter tray. It's lined with newspaper with a layer of hay on it, she has a warm snuggle safe underneath the paper every night. She loafs in it every night
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  8. #8
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    18,324

    Default

    If you manage to source some well-dried large oak logs and turn the vent down they will burn all night

  9. #9
    New Kit Hugabunnyhotel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Camberley, surrey
    Posts
    10

    Default

    We love snuggle safe here. We use 5 aday

  10. #10
    Warren Veteran keletkezes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    9,939

    Default

    Your two are heat-huggers, aren't they? I expect they'll lay their bodies on them to keep their insides warm I've never seen ours use theirs (since they've had a playhouse), but it gives me peace of mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    If you manage to source some well-dried large oak logs and turn the vent down they will burn all night
    Seconded. We have some small oak logs and I won't use them unless I get up really early and it's really cold, I choose the euonymous instead! Got one on now (a half-log) since 10:30am and it's keeping the temp about 16C but it's about 9 outside. so not very cold at all.
    The geeky one...



    Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •