Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three of my bunnies at the vets tomorrow

I had two in for dentals last week and I thought that was stressful!! May your visit to the vets tomorrow with three of your bunnies be as uneventful as possible.

Wise Old Thumper

Sending loads of vibes for your three little ones today. I will be thinking of you and hoping that all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I'm dreading it. Three bunnies in one visit is too much

Boobly bear is having a check up on her eye. It hasn't improved (as far as I can tell) with the maxitrol eye drops which isn't entirely unexpected. She is also due her filavac in a couple of weeks so will get that done too. Just hoping nothing untoward is occurring with her eye.,

Mouseypie will be having her Filavac & a review of her arthritis.

Rudey will be having a review relating to his renal failure. Today is the first day in about a month he has been distinctly non compliant with his spoon feeds (ramekin of wet pellet mush) though he ate a good amount finally (after a fresh forage tea) but he'd normally be on bowl 4 by then. So hoping I don't have to go back to syringe feeding him yet as he gets loads more in him fed off a wooden spoon & its less stressful for everybun. Despite my best efforts I can't get him to gain weight but he hasn't lost either. He still has (& prob always will have?) continence issues though I'm grateful he wees as he runs so at least he isn't sat in it. He drinks well still & spends his days snoozing or pandering to a very demanding Mouseypie. Moving ok but obvious hind leg weakness on the left

I'm giving Joey the day off. He was kind enough to support Boobly through her dental 2 weeks ago but just travelling in the car makes him go all pointy faced & quick breathing - like top of the grimace / pain scale. He had his health check & filavac 2 weeks ago so not in need of anything

My boys are so sensitive! my girls have a resilience about them.
    my best wishes to all three today
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

Good luck! I remember back when I had the quad being nervous about vets trips! Thankfully they were all diddy bunnies

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

Hope all goes well for you and your 3 today. xx

Out of the house 4 hours - contemplating taking myself off to bed for a snooze.

Boo's eye is an enigma - that its not just the lens but the whole eye cloudy & white. 2 weeks more on Maxitrol . Not typical of glaucoma but that is greatest fear. To keep an eye on it & straight back if it gets problematic or other eye goes dodgy. Filavac given.

Mousey had filavac & staying on same metacam.

Rudey. Didn't discuss steroids as I saw no benefit when his previous vet (Helen) gave him a shot & Ruth said when she first took him she doesn't really use them on rabbits. Propralin she wouldn't want to risk while his incontinence isn't causing him issues - said it would be different if he was sitting in his wee or getting smelly as that can make bunnies v miserable. As it stands trying propralin would be for our convenience not for Rudeys health. Staying on metacam. Discussed his nail biting etc - mainly just keeping an eye on him. I was really happy he weighed in at 2.4 - the most he has ever weighed in at Crab Lane. She thinks he looks well too. Confirmed that its his Creatine levels & Urea that tell her he is in kidney failure & the calcification of his bones adds to the picture.

Next visit hopefully not til Novibac due (18/4) for J, B & M but she said bring R too for a check-up

Thanks for all your well wishes

I’m glad it went ok, although 4hrs go Rudey, you are doing so well getting the weight on him

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

phew glad that's all over, and everybun got through ok, hope Boo's eye improves, and well done Rudey and Mousey.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

You sound to be cream crackered ! I am glad that on the whole all three Buns check-ups went well, but I hope that Boo's eye issue will start to improve. I expect her intraocular pressures were checked and hopefully they are OK for now.

Maybe you are in need of a 'medicinal' stress relieving G+T as well as a lie down !!

The Black Rabbit of Inlé now comes in the invisible form of Covid 19. SELF ISOLATE to save yourself and others. Not doing so may kill you, it may kill many others too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    You sound to be cream crackered ! I am glad that on the whole all three Buns check-ups went well, but I hope that Boo's eye issue will start to improve. I expect her intraocular pressures were checked and hopefully they are OK for now.

Maybe you are in need of a 'medicinal' stress relieving G+T as well as a lie down !!
    I've no idea She looked at her eyes for a long time using various instruments but I don't know what she was specifically doing. Theres no hope of sight returning & I got the sense we're aiming for no deterioration rather than improvement. I've polished off my gin & discovered vodka & tonic last night (surprisingly acceptable as not vodka fan) but not in mood for a drinkie. Having a nice relaxing time watching the bunnies & lazing by the fire though