Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Three of my bunnies at the vets tomorrow

Default Three of my bunnies at the vets tomorrow

I'm dreading it. Three bunnies in one visit is too much

Boobly bear is having a check up on her eye. It hasn't improved (as far as I can tell) with the maxitrol eye drops which isn't entirely unexpected. She is also due her filavac in a couple of weeks so will get that done too. Just hoping nothing untoward is occurring with her eye.,

Mouseypie will be having her Filavac & a review of her arthritis.

Rudey will be having a review relating to his renal failure. Today is the first day in about a month he has been distinctly non compliant with his spoon feeds (ramekin of wet pellet mush) though he ate a good amount finally (after a fresh forage tea) but he'd normally be on bowl 4 by then. So hoping I don't have to go back to syringe feeding him yet as he gets loads more in him fed off a wooden spoon & its less stressful for everybun. Despite my best efforts I can't get him to gain weight but he hasn't lost either. He still has (& prob always will have?) continence issues though I'm grateful he wees as he runs so at least he isn't sat in it. He drinks well still & spends his days snoozing or pandering to a very demanding Mouseypie. Moving ok but obvious hind leg weakness on the left

I'm giving Joey the day off. He was kind enough to support Boobly through her dental 2 weeks ago but just travelling in the car makes him go all pointy faced & quick breathing - like top of the grimace / pain scale. He had his health check & filavac 2 weeks ago so not in need of anything

My boys are so sensitive! my girls have a resilience about them.

Hope all goes well at the vets, could you ask about something from Rudey's leaking? I am finding the propaine really good for dilly. It is not licenced for bunnies just dogs but means that Dilly does have more control. I will get the proper spelling when home.

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Best of luck at the vet's tomorrow. I have to say taking three in one go does sound quite daunting. But I suppose you'll at least be getting it over with in one trip.

I hope that the vet can come up with something to help Boo's eye, that Mousey is doing ok with her arthritis and that Rudey is still holding his own despite his poor kidneys.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Oh gosh good luck for tomorrow everybun!

That's my nightmare, had to take 3 and a hamster a few times, dreading having to take 4 at once it's not easy with both white buns in the same carrier either, I think even the carrier struggles

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Good luck at the vets! I'm dreading the day I have to take all three of mine at once

Thanks all .

C&D I'll certainly ask. He seems to get a bit more control when he is on panacur but it isn't sustained for long after. He's not a dribbler though - its a solid stream, some might say a river. Generally the river is the path to his litter tray . Is it contraindicated with anything ?

Oh gosh three at once, better than three journies though I guess. Hope they all get on ok xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I just hope Ruth hasn't checked her diary before hand & pulled a sicky - I would

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I just hope Ruth hasn't checked her diary before hand & pulled a sicky - I would

I often think this about my Vet

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Hope they all get on OK.

Not sure if Rudey has had any anabolic steroid injections ?. They can help reduce muscle wastage and increase appetite in cases of CRF.

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00C...Nandralone.htm

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00d...lLagomorph.htm

Propalin can help with incontinence issues

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-459666

''Realise deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the 'now' the primary focus of your life'' ~ Eckhart Tolle

One Medicine, for Human's and Animals https://www.humanimaltrust.org.uk/