• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A hay recommendation

Hi all

Just wanted to give a heads up on a new hay I recently got for my buns. On my latest hay experts order I decided to get them to try out the green oat forage hay. I was a bit apprehensive about getting green oat again as the last batch I got was from timothyhay.co.uk and did not prove popular!

They are however absolutely loving this green oat forage hay. I think it works better as a treat hay mixed in with the main hay(s) as it's a very short cut. It's also almost £6 for a 1kg bag so could work out expensive if used as a main hay.

So I think it would be a good one to try for those with particularly fussy buns or if you just want to add a bit of variety. Could also work well for dental buns who might struggle with longer strands.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Noooo....I thought I was done with buying hay. Take it back - say they don't like it. Rudey liked his new hays for a day or three

My buns love oat hay but it does not agree with them. Results in squishy poops unfortunately- make sure you keep an eye on the poos.

I get Timothy hay from The Hay Box which my buns love and comes in cardboard boxes - minimal plastic packaging [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Back