Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 114

Thread: feline lymphoma-pupernickle

  1. #21
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    143,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jewaller View Post
    dear jack,s-jane,-close to the other kent,rr,,rr-momakitty/pumpernickel,-are they realated?-yes,- same mother-who sadly[years ago and undiagnosed.]-died of this coronavirus-[all cats had been vaccinated]-as they were all outdoor cats,-all had warm,dry,eating- areas for sleeping,and all changed last year to indoor-only.--pumpernickel continues to improve with treatment,and shows few/if any effects,-last year there were some symptoms of the coronavirus,but her dvm said she is resistant[fortunately]--I have been worn out-,my concern is them not myself--dvm must think I am nuts.--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa
    You care greatly for Pumpernickle and that certainly is not 'nuts' !!

    Is Pumpernickle eating well ? I have never had a cat but I have heard that some can be very fussy about their food. Does she like soft food or the dried type ? My neighbours very elderly (19 years) cat has no teeth left now so he has to have soft food. His favorite is freshly cooked salmon all mashed up. He wont touch tinned Salmon !!


    The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

    Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London

  2. #22
    Alpha Buck jewaller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    kent,wash.usa
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    You care greatly for Pumpernickle and that certainly is not 'nuts' !!

    Is Pumpernickle eating well ? I have never had a cat but I have heard that some can be very fussy about their food. Does she like soft food or the dried type ? My neighbours very elderly (19 years) cat has no teeth left now so he has to have soft food. His favorite is freshly cooked salmon all mashed up. He wont touch tinned Salmon !!
    dear jack,s-jane,-thank you kindly,-pumpernickel-dry food-not so much as-soft/wet food was canned[4-1/2 oz.]- friskies,poultry,seafood,beef,turkey,chicken.-now its out of an envelope-[meow,whiskers,sheeba]-or cup-same flavors.--finicky-wow-you bet,only real difference is prices.-funny thing is water has to be added to the food,as she snubs the water bowl--the wet/canned food is water based and added water,and her potty box shows things are good,-dvm wasn,t concerned.--her new cancer dvm has 11-letters behind her name,and doesnot look a day over 30yr.-,pumperniclke has good teeth,but a few of the other cats over ten yr. have had a lot of dental work,oddly a few do eat dry food they prefer science diet brand,which all requires water..--we have cats,birds,sadly no rabbits,my goal was to outlive them all,-now I live for the others.--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

  3. #23
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    143,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jewaller View Post
    dear jack,s-jane,-thank you kindly,-pumpernickel-dry food-not so much as-soft/wet food was canned[4-1/2 oz.]- friskies,poultry,seafood,beef,turkey,chicken.-now its out of an envelope-[meow,whiskers,sheeba]-or cup-same flavors.--finicky-wow-you bet,only real difference is prices.-funny thing is water has to be added to the food,as she snubs the water bowl--the wet/canned food is water based and added water,and her potty box shows things are good,-dvm wasn,t concerned.--her new cancer dvm has 11-letters behind her name,and doesnot look a day over 30yr.-,pumperniclke has good teeth,but a few of the other cats over ten yr. have had a lot of dental work,oddly a few do eat dry food they prefer science diet brand,which all requires water..--we have cats,birds,sadly no rabbits,my goal was to outlive them all,-now I live for the others.--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa
    It sounds as though she has a good variety of protein sources in her diet and she's obviously still getting enough water

    Still sending vibes for her


    The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

    Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London

  4. #24
    Alpha Buck jewaller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    kent,wash.usa
    Posts
    737

    Default pumpernickle-update

    hello,dear r.u.members,-jan.30th,20-appointment blood test-[week 3 ]- results were very good,prompting the iv of viscristinte,thusly modifying schedule from 6-months treatment-now-14 weeks, starting next appointment -2-06-2020-week 4 with lomustine[pill],-she is very upbeat,eating well,potty time great.-now for bad news-her left eye ulcer-worsened so the optic-antibiotic rx eye drops was replaced with terramyacin ointment,and the same gel.-optimmune.--so we have along way to go,even the cancer treatment is not a cure,as I was informed and confirmed by an owner of a[ 13 yr.old cat]-who stated retesting every 6 weeks,ouch-$$$$..sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa-feeling the heavy vibs

  5. #25
    Moderator Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    36,170

    Default

    I am glad she is feeling ok. I’m topping up the vibes xx

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

  6. #26
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    143,839

    Default

    I am sorry that the eye ulcer has worsened and I hope it will improve with treatment. But it is good news that Pumpernickle remains happy within herself and I hope that she continues to do so x


    The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

    Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London

  7. #27
    Forum Buddy Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    8,287

    Default

    Pleased to hear that Pumpernickel is doing well, despite the poorly eye. Sending more vibes for her, you are doing a great job there James xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  8. #28
    Alpha Buck jewaller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    kent,wash.usa
    Posts
    737

    Default pumpernickle-update

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I am sorry that the eye ulcer has worsened and I hope it will improve with treatment. But it is good news that Pumpernickle remains happy within herself and I hope that she continues to do so x
    thank you,jack,s-jane,-petsmum,zoobec.--as if she doesnot have enough problems,-sunday am-2-2-20,-she coughed up two round worms,yuk.-it too an act of god[4.hours]- to get approval to administer-pepperazine citrate 25mg/cc.-because of the cancer treatment rx-I sure did not want to jeporadize treatment..--which brings us back to November 1st,2019.-when she was initially treated for worms-then everthing went down hill to where we are now,-talk about deza-vu..-full circle.--was treated twice ten days apart.-her eye is looking good again,she goes back for lymphoma treatment thurs/feb 06-i have everything crossed,thank you all for the heavy vibs-I know its working.--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa--welcome back to the free world-there is no longevity to socialism,only poverty,and despair-,
    Last edited by jewaller; 05-02-2020 at 12:11 AM. Reason: adding info

  9. #29
    Moderator Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    36,170

    Default

    I am glad her eye is looking better. I hope you can get rid of the worms quickly. Topping up the vibes for her xx

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

  10. #30
    Forum Buddy Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    8,287

    Default

    Pleased to hear that her eye is a bit better. Hope treatment goes well on the 6th for her. Give her a tickle from me xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •