• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

feline lymphoma-pupernickle

This is wonderful news James, and well done Pumpernickel, you sound like one feisty little cat ! Sending more vibes over the pond to you both xxx

Glad to hear Pumpernickle is doing better,topping up the vibes.x
dear wonderful members,-just returned from chemotherapy,everything went like clockwork,passed her blood test,got a iv of vincristine-paid my $350,i am sure grateful for all the love vibs.-her doctor is 8 months pregnant and I asked who is filling in,the response was [it,s covered].-I sure hope so-,i donot want to miss any sessions.,dr.knows how I-am.sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa.

dear wonderful members,-just returned from chemotherapy,everything went like clockwork,passed her blood test,got a iv of vincristine-paid my $350,i am sure grateful for all the love vibs.-her doctor is 8 months pregnant and I asked who is filling in,the response was [it,s covered].-I sure hope so-,i donot want to miss any sessions.,dr.knows how I-am.sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa.

Great news that Pumpernickle was able to have her next round of Chemo'. I am sure that the Vet taken on to cover for your Vet's Maternity leave will insure that Pumpernicklr continues to have good ongoing care :D

pumpernickle update/lymphoma treatment-3-19-2020

dear r.u.members,-complications,-yes-pumpernickel passed her blood test,for treatment-she received a pill[lomustine]-the new lump[lymphoma]- next to the first could be resistance to the therapy,we hope the pill works as we may need to discuss other rescue protocols.dr.briet is now on baby leave-[4 months]--there is no chemo lab within 30 miles.-I am fit to be tied.-her chemo treatments are critical to her survival,.-I was given the name of a referral-doctor-but they are not equipped for her kind of therapy.-unbelievable-so I am exploring options-between tear drops.--stay tuned it is not over till its over.-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa-stay healthy-lots of love vibs:love::love::wave:

dear r.u.members,-complications,-yes-pumpernickel passed her blood test,for treatment-she received a pill[lomustine]-the new lump[lymphoma]- next to the first could be resistance to the therapy,we hope the pill works as we may need to discuss other rescue protocols.dr.briet is now on baby leave-[4 months]--there is no chemo lab within 30 miles.-I am fit to be tied.-her chemo treatments are critical to her survival,.-I was given the name of a referral-doctor-but they are not equipped for her kind of therapy.-unbelievable-so I am exploring options-between tear drops.--stay tuned it is not over till its over.-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa-stay healthy-lots of love vibs:love::love::wave:

Oh I am sorry to hear that you and Pumpernickle have encountered another obstacle. I do hope that she will respond to the latest chemo' dose and that you are able to locate another DVM to continue her treatment whilst Dr Briet is on Maternity leave, Sending millions more vibes for Pumpernickle, you are both putting up a tremendous fight against the evil Cancer xx

Sorry to hear this James, and adding my vibes that Pumpernickels treatment continues, and that she stays well. Stay strong ! xxx

I really hope you can find a way to continue the treatment, you are doing everything you can for her. Sending lots more vibes xx

pumpernickle-update-lymphoma treatment

Oh I am sorry to hear that you and Pumpernickle have encountered another obstacle. I do hope that she will respond to the latest chemo' dose and that you are able to locate another DVM to continue her treatment whilst Dr Briet is on Maternity leave, Sending millions more vibes for Pumpernickle, you are both putting up a tremendous fight against the evil Cancer xx
dear jack,s-jane,thank you and all R.U.-members,--I opted for the lesser of the evils[traffic]-the new blue peral oncologist is about 21miles away-Tacoma wa.st.-.dr.shorr,apptointent-set for Thursday-3-26-20,11:00am,--gotta do it.-the distance is upsetting because of the finicky car.-I am keeping a close eye/feel on the new lump[1.5cm]-it should shrink [lomustine,cancer drug-3-19-20]-,if not well a different rescue protocol-if it doesnot shrink.-never give up,never surrender,unless the car breaks down,need vibs for the damn car too.-how does hammi like the new cage.??gotta love em.--sincerely james waller from the other kent,usa-lock down,until we get hungry then look out.:love::wave:

dear jack,s-jane,thank you and all R.U.-members,--I opted for the lesser of the evils[traffic]-the new blue peral oncologist is about 21miles away-Tacoma wa.st.-.dr.shorr,apptointent-set for Thursday-3-26-20,11:00am,--gotta do it.-the distance is upsetting because of the finicky car.-I am keeping a close eye/feel on the new lump[1.5cm]-it should shrink [lomustine,cancer drug-3-19-20]-,if not well a different rescue protocol-if it doesnot shrink.-never give up,never surrender,unless the car breaks down,need vibs for the damn car too.-how does hammi like the new cage.??gotta love em.--sincerely james waller from the other kent,usa-lock down,until we get hungry then look out.:love::wave:

Well, you and Pumpernickle have a plan in place for her continued treatment. Lets hope that that new lump actually reduces in size after the last dose of chemo', or at worst it just remains stable.

Dont talk to me about unreliable old cars. Mine is a rust bucket on wheels and I swear it has a mind of its own. Sometimes it'll run like a new vehicle, sometimes it'll cough and splutter and then just stop :roll: The latter usually happens at the most inconvenient times. Honestly James, my car is more awkward and cantankerous than me !!

So, as ever I am sending a continuous flow of vibes for Pumpernickle :love: now with some extra ones for your car too. And as you said, in the words of the grand man Sir Winston Churchill '' We shall never surrender''.

Oh and my Hammie (Fearghal) loves his cage !!

Last edited:
pumpernickle update/lymphoma treatment

dear rabbit united members,--yesterday Thursday-3-26-20,--pumpernickel passed her blood test,but there was no chemotherapy,-I mentioned earlier in another thread,its a wait and see game,-we are at a cross roads for therapy.-says the new dr.schorr[Tacoma],-the cancer has consolidated [left ear has consolidated to one lump [3cm],-a new level of fear/grief has crept into my psyche.-I had to request all test results for my self,her pcp,and dr.briet.--I guess the treatment of 3-19-2020-[lomustine]-is supposed to shrink the cancer,but it did not,-I placed a call to dr.briets office-and yes there is another oncology doctor covering in the absence-[duh] -and supposed to call,email-something.-cancers grow exponentially,waiting sounds insane.-so this new doctor doesnot know pumpernickel.-I am just trying my best to get her the best treatment,and trying to stay sane.thanking all r.u.members in pumpernickles time of need.:love:--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::wave:

dear rabbit united members,--yesterday Thursday-3-26-20,--pumpernickel passed her blood test,but there was no chemotherapy,-I mentioned earlier in another thread,its a wait and see game,-we are at a cross roads for therapy.-says the new dr.schorr[Tacoma],-the cancer has consolidated [left ear has consolidated to one lump [3cm],-a new level of fear/grief has crept into my psyche.-I had to request all test results for my self,her pcp,and dr.briet.--I guess the treatment of 3-19-2020-[lomustine]-is supposed to shrink the cancer,but it did not,-I placed a call to dr.briets office-and yes there is another oncology doctor covering in the absence-[duh] -and supposed to call,email-something.-cancers grow exponentially,waiting sounds insane.-so this new doctor doesnot know pumpernickel.-I am just trying my best to get her the best treatment,and trying to stay sane.thanking all r.u.members in pumpernickles time of need.:love:--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::wave:

Oh goodness James it must be so stressful for you. No-one could be fighting harder for Pumpernickle than you are. How is she within herself ? I really hope that she is as comfortable as possible. At least, in her mind, she does not have all the fear induced by the 'Cancer' diagnosis...........or, for that matter, the fear we all currently have as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic. She knows nothing about either of them. There is a lot of truth in the saying 'ignorance is bliss'. Take care James, sending millions more vibes for Pumpernickle :love:

Oh goodness James it must be so stressful for you. No-one could be fighting harder for Pumpernickle than you are. How is she within herself ? I really hope that she is as comfortable as possible. At least, in her mind, she does not have all the fear induced by the 'Cancer' diagnosis...........or, for that matter, the fear we all currently have as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic. She knows nothing about either of them. There is a lot of truth in the saying 'ignorance is bliss'. Take care James, sending millions more vibes for Pumpernickle :love:
dear jack,s-jane,-this lymphoma-[cancer ]-has really taken my heart,this am-she weighed in at 7/12 lb-kg?-was 8 lb. while administering med-[prednisolone 3mg]-optixcare,eye lube,-and miratax/for appetite enhacing,-she had trouble breathing and made sounds like a duck,-respiratory congestion.-has not done this since mid.december-2019,--I lost it,[crying]-,finished up,gave her food which she refused,and just wanted to hide,-it was then my wife of nearly 50 years said she was sneezing out her congestion during the night,and set up a vaporizer for her.-which helped bring me back from the edge.,and pumpernickel slowly started eatng,breathing easier.-she is in danger of dehydration-if she doesnot eat,we add h2o and heat up the food-so she can hopefully smell the aroma.--I see you posted the elusive fearghal returned,-that makes me feel a lot better,lots of love vibs--stay healthy.sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

dear jack,s-jane,-this lymphoma-[cancer ]-has really taken my heart,this am-she weighed in at 7/12 lb-kg?-was 8 lb. while administering med-[prednisolone 3mg]-optixcare,eye lube,-and miratax/for appetite enhacing,-she had trouble breathing and made sounds like a duck,-respiratory congestion.-has not done this since mid.december-2019,--I lost it,[crying]-,finished up,gave her food which she refused,and just wanted to hide,-it was then my wife of nearly 50 years said she was sneezing out her congestion during the night,and set up a vaporizer for her.-which helped bring me back from the edge.,and pumpernickel slowly started eatng,breathing easier.-she is in danger of dehydration-if she doesnot eat,we add h2o and heat up the food-so she can hopefully smell the aroma.--I see you posted the elusive fearghal returned,-that makes me feel a lot better,lots of love vibs--stay healthy.sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

I am so sorry to read of Pumpernickle's deterioration James :cry: I am sure that you and your wife will be of comfort to Pumpernickle at what is obviously a very sad time for all of you :cry: You all remain in my thoughts and I am still sending lots of vibes :love:

Back