• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

feline lymphoma-pupernickle

pumpernickle update/lymphoma treatment

dear all r.u members,-:love::love::wave:-thank you all for the millions of love vibs for the pumpernickel,--passed-her blood test[4/14/2020]--and her next chemotreatment-[doxorubicin]- is tues.4/21/20,dr.schorr-oncologist,--her blood test was performed by her pcp-vet,-who is now concerned about the number of injections she has had [jabs]--when I spoke with dr.schorr he said there is no way around it,-the lymph gland under her left ear is vitually gone,her head is up,bright,eating well-weight-back up to 8 lb.[3.63kg]-again she she doesnot drink water by itself,only with wet food.-stay healthy all,the usa/and most states-are opening for business,--gotta love it--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::love::wave:

dear all r.u members,-:love::love::wave:-thank you all for the millions of love vibs for the pumpernickel,--passed-her blood test[4/14/2020]--and her next chemotreatment-[doxorubicin]- is tues.4/21/20,dr.schorr-oncologist,--her blood test was performed by her pcp-vet,-who is now concerned about the number of injections she has had [jabs]--when I spoke with dr.schorr he said there is no way around it,-the lymph gland under her left ear is vitually gone,her head is up,bright,eating well-weight-back up to 8 lb.[3.63kg]-again she she doesnot drink water by itself,only with wet food.-stay healthy all,the usa/and most states-are opening for business,--gotta love it--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::love::wave:

Pumpernickle really is remarkable !! It's fantastic to hear that the lymph node is no longer enlarged and that she has gained weight. She clearly wants to fight on and I know that you will fight on with her for as long as she needs you :love: Sending lots more vibes , you stay safe and well too x

Great news James, so pleased that she is doing well. You and Pumpernickel look after each other, and stay safe ! xx

pumpernickle update/lymphoma treatment

dear members,those vibs are working,-pumpernickel passed her blood test,got the chemo treatment 4-21-20,--medical upate-is,-we are glad to report that there is no sign of disease progression and the lymphoma appears to be responding well to new treatment regimen.-great news,wow-all due to the love vibs,:love:and one resourceful critter:love:.-today got another dose of vinblastine-[1cc]-by iv,-,-heart/lungs/normal onauscultation,abdomen with no organmegaly.--she lives to fight another day,--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::wave::love:

dear members,those vibs are working,-pumpernickel passed her blood test,got the chemo treatment 4-21-20,--medical upate-is,-we are glad to report that there is no sign of disease progression and the lymphoma appears to be responding well to new treatment regimen.-great news,wow-all due to the love vibs,:love:and one resourceful critter:love:.-today got another dose of vinblastine-[1cc]-by iv,-,-heart/lungs/normal onauscultation,abdomen with no organmegaly.--she lives to fight another day,--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::wave::love:

The very best news James !! Just wonderful :D Well done team Pumpernickle :love:

Stay safe and well over the pond in Kent USA :wave:

update pumpernickle lymphoma

dear members,-I know the update is late,but I just now received the oncology recheck[discharge],--pumpernickel passed her blood test,and spent a full 2 hours[normaly 1 hr.] in chemo therapy[4-29-2020]-,-I was concerned as I wait in the car with no indication of what is going-as are all theses visits to blueperal Tacoma.[30miles away]--I suppose its due to covid19,--she is doing well enough that she gets a week or reprive,next visit[check up]-may 13,2020.-her pcp and I are concerned about the number of jabs given to date.-pumpernickel has weathered the storm,the cancer has disappeared,as has the left-ear infection,[some of the vestibular from the ear infection is apparent].-prednisolone has been reduced to 3 mgxdaily,-the left eye outer lense does has a slight scarring-on it.and requires optixcare gel/ointment 3-4-x daily.-considering I still have her,and everything did look so bad since thanksgiving-2019,-[6months]-i am a believer in all the love vibs she has received,-I want to thank eveyrone for their kindness-and love vibs,--it is what the world needs now:love:love sweet love,:love:--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::love::wave:

dear members,-I know the update is late,but I just now received the oncology recheck[discharge],--pumpernickel passed her blood test,and spent a full 2 hours[normaly 1 hr.] in chemo therapy[4-29-2020]-,-I was concerned as I wait in the car with no indication of what is going-as are all theses visits to blueperal Tacoma.[30miles away]--I suppose its due to covid19,--she is doing well enough that she gets a week or reprive,next visit[check up]-may 13,2020.-her pcp and I are concerned about the number of jabs given to date.-pumpernickel has weathered the storm,the cancer has disappeared,as has the left-ear infection,[some of the vestibular from the ear infection is apparent].-prednisolone has been reduced to 3 mgxdaily,-the left eye outer lense does has a slight scarring-on it.and requires optixcare gel/ointment 3-4-x daily.-considering I still have her,and everything did look so bad since thanksgiving-2019,-[6months]-i am a believer in all the love vibs she has received,-I want to thank eveyrone for their kindness-and love vibs,--it is what the world needs now:love:love sweet love,:love:--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::love::wave:

Just wonderful news James !! What an amazing Cat Pumpernickle is :love: I hope she continues to do well and that you and your wife remain safe and well too :love:

feline lymphoma-pumpernickle

dear all r.u.members,-sorry I have not been able to update the pumpernickel for quite awhile.--she is still I n chemo therapy,under going a new chemo drug called mustargen[mechlorethiamine]-have not yet found a suitable med to keep the cancer at bay very long,..elspar-was looking promising but on the third dose we got a severe setback as the cancer under her left ear[lymph node]-advanced to 4.5 cm,-dr. shor-[oncologist]-is now hitting the books searching for any med that shows promise,-the body resists everything so far,-thank you all for your support of pumpernickel-lots of love vibs for all--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa--bulliten-seattle streets under control of anachists/federal troops at the ready-stay-tuned

dear all r.u.members,-sorry I have not been able to update the pumpernickel for quite awhile.--she is still I n chemo therapy,under going a new chemo drug called mustargen[mechlorethiamine]-have not yet found a suitable med to keep the cancer at bay very long,..elspar-was looking promising but on the third dose we got a severe setback as the cancer under her left ear[lymph node]-advanced to 4.5 cm,-dr. shor-[oncologist]-is now hitting the books searching for any med that shows promise,-the body resists everything so far,-thank you all for your support of pumpernickel-lots of love vibs for all--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa--bulliten-seattle streets under control of anachists/federal troops at the ready-stay-tuned

Hello James, I have been worried that we had not heard from you for a while and I admit I had feared the worst for Pumpernickle. I was also worried that you may have become another Covid 19 victim. Obviously I am pleased to hear from you again but very sorry that Pumpernickle is no longer responding so well to the chemo'. I hope that she is as comfortable as possible and that you and your wife remain safe and well xx,

Hello James, I have been worried that we had not heard from you for a while and I admit I had feared the worst for Pumpernickle. I was also worried that you may have become another Covid 19 victim. Obviously I am pleased to hear from you again but very sorry that Pumpernickle is no longer responding so well to the chemo'. I hope that she is as comfortable as possible and that you and your wife remain safe and well xx,
dear jacks-jane,-thank you for all the love vibs-for pumpernickel-even the new chemo drug[mustagren] is apparently not very effective,she is going to have a cbc-blood analysis Wednesday[17th],-based on results,adding new rx procarbozine,[3 wks]-next onocolgy apt is 7-2-20,-radiology is being discused,but must qualify.--the new cost,wow.-all this has impacted my health.--my thouhgts on world peace really sounds pretty good now,please take care,stay healthy sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

I’m sorry Pumpernickel is not doing so well :cry: thinking of you all and sending lots of vibes xx

feline lymphoma-pumpernickle

dear r.u members,-this am 7:00,-:love:pumpernickle:love: lost the battle,thank you all for the love vibs,-cannot print more right now --very sad,-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::wave:

Oh no :cry: I’m so very sorry :cry: you and she fought a hard battle. You did everything you could for her. Thinking of you and sending hugs to you xx

Back