• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

feline lymphoma-pupernickle

A wonderful update James :D I am so happy for both you and for Pumpernickle :love:
dear jack,s-jane,-pumpernickel continues to improve,however being cancer I am told after chemo[therapy]- periodical blood tests will be required to ensure remission-,donot know how many years left august 2020 she will be ten,and I intend to make the best of it.--I have spent over 15 years working with rabbits/feline/pigeons, never one with cancer-its all greek.--the heavy vibs are felt and well spent.--thank you all from the heart.--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

dear rabbits united-,-I have hesitated to announce this because it is extremely disturbing,-cannot type when tearing up,-..my 9 yr.old[female cat]-pupernickle:love: was diagnosed with lymphoma-last month,cancer [death sentence]-treatment [chemotherapy]-was recommended-,but one must qualify--long story short-she did[qualify]--last week was given meds-subQ-fluids,-and has had her first treatment-injection[chemo]--responding better than expected-as the lump behind her left ear[neck area]-is gone,-but with require 6months of weekly intensive care -treatments,--the oncologist is extremely happy with her progress:love:--oops,i-am teraing up--gotta go--sincerely james waller-from the other kent-usa:love::wave:
dear rabbits united members,-I changed my avatar-this is pumpernickel @ 5yr?.-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

dear jack,s-jane,-pumpernickel continues to improve,however being cancer I am told after chemo[therapy]- periodical blood tests will be required to ensure remission-,donot know how many years left august 2020 she will be ten,and I intend to make the best of it.--I have spent over 15 years working with rabbits/feline/pigeons, never one with cancer-its all greek.--the heavy vibs are felt and well spent.--thank you all from the heart.--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

I will keep the Pumpernickle shaped vibes going across the pond James :love:

Sending lots more vibes for Pumpernickle. It sounds as though she's doing really well and she is also very pretty :love:

Sending lots more vibes for Pumpernickle. It sounds as though she's doing really well and she is also very pretty :love:
dear omi,/jack,s-jane,-I managed to change my avatar-from raisin bun jr.to pumpernickel-[5 yr.old?]-,-then today tried to respond,egh,.I was not recognized,oh-dear.-if you want to see your life pass before you,just forget your id/pw.--but tamsin has a good system,and I am back in..pumpernickel has gained weight-doing really good[poor little pin cushion]-thank you jack,s-jane-really feeling the love vibs.--pumpernickles legs are short,calico-[mix of colors],long hair,-doesnot reflect her mothers short hair tiger stripes/ colors.

dear omi,/jack,s-jane,-I managed to change my avatar-from raisin bun jr.to pumpernickel-[5 yr.old?]-,-then today tried to respond,egh,.I was not recognized,oh-dear.-if you want to see your life pass before you,just forget your id/pw.--but tamsin has a good system,and I am back in..pumpernickel has gained weight-doing really good[poor little pin cushion]-thank you jack,s-jane-really feeling the love vibs.--pumpernickles legs are short,calico-[mix of colors],long hair,-doesnot reflect her mothers short hair tiger stripes/ colors.

I never Log Out of RU as I do not have a clue what my Password is now and the thought of being locked out is................. :shock: :lol: x

ETA- I made the image of Pumpernickle a bit bigger so we can all see how gorgeous she is :love:

6frUJdx.jpg

Last edited:
pumpernickle update/lymphoma treatment

I never Log Out of RU as I do not have a clue what my Password is now and the thought of being locked out is................. :shock: :lol: x

ETA- I made the image of Pumpernickle a bit bigger so we can all see how gorgeous she is :love:

6frUJdx.jpg
dear rabbits united,-thank you all for the love vibs,-jack,s-jane that is great,pumped up the pumpernickel picture-great,-sorry to learn of the disability.-we have not yet begun to fight.-that is my attitude.-2-20-2020,blood testes were acceptable for chemo,-so she got her iv of vincristine[0.11mg].,dr.says still on the chop schedule,not lomustine schedule.--she is in strong remisson,and left eye ulcer much improved.-left eye treatment is with terramycin[ointment]-twice daily and-opticare gel-[3x daily],-orally 3mg prednisolone daily.-diagnosis-high grade lymphoma-suspect nasal/sinus with progression to the ear and suspect brain ulcer-os..-after many weeks of chemo therapy I believe it to be taking a toll on her mentally,she must feel like a pin cushion-with all the jabs.thank you all for the love vibs,and sending love vibs:love: to jack,s-jane god bless:love:..sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::wave:

dear rabbits united,-thank you all for the love vibs,-jack,s-jane that is great,pumped up the pumpernickel picture-great,-sorry to learn of the disability.-we have not yet begun to fight.-that is my attitude.-2-20-2020,blood testes were acceptable for chemo,-so she got her iv of vincristine[0.11mg].,dr.says still on the chop schedule,not lomustine schedule.--she is in strong remisson,and left eye ulcer much improved.-left eye treatment is with terramycin[ointment]-twice daily and-opticare gel-[3x daily],-orally 3mg prednisolone daily.-diagnosis-high grade lymphoma-suspect nasal/sinus with progression to the ear and suspect brain ulcer-os..-after many weeks of chemo therapy I believe it to be taking a toll on her mentally,she must feel like a pin cushion-with all the jabs.thank you all for the love vibs,and sending love vibs:love: to jack,s-jane god bless:love:..sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::wave:

Bless her, I do hope that she will remain in remission for as long as possible . She is bound to feel a bit drained from all the treatment, but I am sure all of your TLC will be of great benefit to her. Also, she is blissfully unaware of the 'Big C' diagnosis. She has none of the fear and worry associated with knowing. Sadly you have to bear that. Sending lots more vibes and hugs :love:

pumpernickle/lymphoma update-many thanks-everyone

Bless her, I do hope that she will remain in remission for as long as possible . She is bound to feel a bit drained from all the treatment, but I am sure all of your TLC will be of great benefit to her. Also, she is blissfully unaware of the 'Big C' diagnosis. She has none of the fear and worry associated with knowing. Sadly you have to bear that. Sending lots more vibes and hugs :love:
dear jack,s jane,-you are so intuitive.-very exhaustive responsibility,but gotta love it.-I try my best to stay out of pain,if at all possible.-sending love vibs-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa--I friend in need is a friend indeed.-:love::love::wave:

dear jack,s jane,-you are so intuitive.-very exhaustive responsibility,but gotta love it.-I try my best to stay out of pain,if at all possible.-sending love vibs-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa--I friend in need is a friend indeed.-:love::love::wave:

James, I wish I were able to think as an animal thinks. They live in the moment and as a result I am sure they do far better psychologically than we humans do when faced with adversity. If reincarnation really happens then I hope I come back as an animal of some sort next time around ! Send friendship across the pond to the other Kent in the USA :D :love:

James, I wish I were able to think as an animal thinks. They live in the moment and as a result I am sure they do far better psychologically than we humans do when faced with adversity. If reincarnation really happens then I hope I come back as an animal of some sort next time around ! Send friendship across the pond to the other Kent in the USA :D :love:

Me too :love:

Pumpernickle is beautiful,I’m sending lots more vibes xx

pumpernickle update/lymphoma treatment

dear members of the great love vibs,--lymphoma treatment is very intense,i suspected after the last visit[ 2-20-2020]-something was up.-[appetite]--so todays visit-2-27-2020-chemotherapy had to be postponed-failed blood test,and the heart[no murmur], skipped an occasional beat,upper respiratory stertor with normal BVsounds.-dr.briet is blaming a side effect of the therapy,antibiotic[convenia]-to stabilize white count,0.35 ml was given under skin.-eye ulcer is gone,but still applying optimmune 3-4 x daily,-and prednisolone 3mg 1x daily..please keep up the love vibs--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:wave::love::love:

dear members of the great love vibs,--lymphoma treatment is very intense,i suspected after the last visit[ 2-20-2020]-something was up.-[appetite]--so todays visit-2-27-2020-chemotherapy had to be postponed-failed blood test,and the heart[no murmur], skipped an occasional beat,upper respiratory stertor with normal BVsounds.-dr.briet is blaming a side effect of the therapy,antibiotic[convenia]-to stabilize white count,0.35 ml was given under skin.-eye ulcer is gone,but still applying optimmune 3-4 x daily,-and prednisolone 3mg 1x daily..please keep up the love vibs--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:wave::love::love:

Oh I am sorry that Pumpernickle has had an adverse reaction to one of the chemo' drugs. I hope things stabalise again for her and that she will remain comfortable within herself. Still sending lots of special vibes for her :love:

Sending lots more vibes for Pumpernickel. I'm sorry that her blood test results were not stable enough to give her chemotherapy this week. I hope her white cell count improves quickly.

Adding my vibes for Pumpernickel, hope she remains well, and happy. She's a lucky kitty having you to care for her James xxx

update pumpernickle lymphoma

Sending lots of vibes xx
dear zoobec,and all you lovely rabbit united members,--I donot generally give up[,it is not in my nature].-I took in all the love vibs for pumpernickel,s:love: appointment today actually expecting the worst,almost in tears.-after an hour of waiting,the technician came out and said dr.briet would like to see you in the exam room.-I thought well this is it,holding back tears for 20 minutes,dr.breit came in and said she passed her blood test,acceptable:love: for chemotherapy--I thought those love vibs are so helpful-tears had to wait--she lives to fight another day.--dr.briet said she had to adjust pumpernickles med.,and she is a little different feline.--here I was waiting for the hammer to fall--and then nothing all good-thanks to all the kind people on rabbit united [love vibs]-the lymphoma behind her left ear even got smaller was 1.4cm-now-0.9cm.--left eye ulcer has healed up leaving a scar on the inner eye lid.-which is the best one could ask for..-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::love::wave:

dear zoobec,and all you lovely rabbit united members,--I donot generally give up[,it is not in my nature].-I took in all the love vibs for pumpernickel,s:love: appointment today actually expecting the worst,almost in tears.-after an hour of waiting,the technician came out and said dr.briet would like to see you in the exam room.-I thought well this is it,holding back tears for 20 minutes,dr.breit came in and said she passed her blood test,acceptable:love: for chemotherapy--I thought those love vibs are so helpful-tears had to wait--she lives to fight another day.--dr.briet said she had to adjust pumpernickles med.,and she is a little different feline.--here I was waiting for the hammer to fall--and then nothing all good-thanks to all the kind people on rabbit united [love vibs]-the lymphoma behind her left ear even got smaller was 1.4cm-now-0.9cm.--left eye ulcer has healed up leaving a scar on the inner eye lid.-which is the best one could ask for..-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::love::wave:

Pumpernickle is one very strong Cat !! I am so pleased that her latest blood tests were good for her next round of Chemo'. Still sending non stop vibes for your precious girl :love:

Back