• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Henry rabbit - January 2018 - 17th January 2020

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Henry rabbit sadly left us this morning and has gone to the bridge.
I can usually summon up some sort of words or sentance to portray my feelings but at the moment I am empty and heartbroken.
Henry was with us 2 years almost exactly. We rescued him from a sanctuary and I have tried to give him that special home he deserved. Henry was a nethie cross, and whilst he was small in comparison to his wife bun Lillian, he more than made up for with a huge heart and even bigger spirit. Henry loved to do zoomies - up and down the garden path, round the living room and back up the path. I regret never having footage of this - but I can see him now zooming away. Henry had an independant streak about him, but doted on Lillian. Lillian relied on Henry for emotional support and he was her rock. Lillian would look for Henry to be the first one to go outside - and then she would follow. Lillian taught Henry all the hiding places in our garden and would rarely be away from Henry's side, nor he hers.
Henry took ill a few weeks ago, and this ailment sadly took hold very quickly. We tried hard to find out what the cause of Henry's deterioration was. Despite several courses of treatments, Henry was admitted to the vet hospital on Tuesday and spent 2 days in the care of the staff at the hospital who worked hard to stabilise and support Henry.
We picked Henry up last night and we were told that Henry's prognosis was not good.
I spent last night through the night with Henry on my chest. I have cuddled him softly, had my blanket on him and we have talked and recollected memories. I told Henry how special he was and that he is safe and comfortable and that when he felt ready to go, he should. It is not something that you are ever prepared for.
Henry made himself more comfortable through the night. He nuzzled into me and occasionally would shift his position. But he got quieter and I could feel him chosing his moment to go.
At 6am this morning, Henry felt that his little body could take no more and he slipped away from me. I am unconsolable, lost and not sure how to face the day. Lillian will have to find a way to cope and adapt and move forward and I/we must look how we can support that.
Henry is at peace now. I little rabbit with a big heart and soul. I have lost a beloved pet, someone I promised I would keep safe and someone who made our family his home.
Rest in Peace Henry - you have taken a big piece of my heart on your journey to the bridge. Binkey free sweet Henry. We miss you dearly but we will never ever forget the love and energy you brought with you.
Craig, Jan, Alex and Lillian bun xx

I’m so very sorry Henry could not recover :cry: he had the best life a bunny could wish for :love:

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Binky free Henry xx

So very sorry Craig, Henry had a wonderful life with you. You gave him love, and the freedom to express his true nature. My thoughts are with you, Jan and Lillian x Henry will always have a special place in our hearts, binky free little bunny xxx

I'm so very very sorry Craig.
I was thinking of him while I was going to sleep last night and will be all day today. So sad.
R.I.P. little Henry. Greatly loved by many xxx.

I was dreading this! I am so very sorry. I am upset so goodness knows how you must be feeling. These little creatures are very fragile. Binky free Henry. xx

I don't usually venture into Rainbow Bridge but had to read your tribute to Henry. As perfect a 'goodbye' as it can ever be. I hope Lillian is coping as well as she can.

So, so sorry Craig xxx

:cry:

RIP Henry Bunny xx

fVekNzq.jpg

sXefx3W.jpg

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear you've lost Henry, I liked hearing about his exploits with Lillian. Sending hugs, binky free little guy x

Sleep tight, sweet dreams Henry - you made this world a brighter place. You'll be sorely missed xxx

I can't believe this. I have been shedding tiggery tears this evening after I saw your beautiful Henry has gone. It is lovely he had a peaceful passing with you and I am really thinking of you and Lillian. I just can't put in to words how sorry I am. He was such young, happy bun full of binkies and tiggeryness. He had such a lovely life filled with love and noms. It's just so unfair. I hope you are ok Craig, give Lillian big smooch from everybun here. Thinking of you all xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry Craig, Henry was a cracking bun and he will be really missed :(.

I just hope you and Lillian hang in there it will get easier x

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back