• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Put to sleep or not

I hope that the additional analgesia will help. I have found that gentle massage of the muscles around the arthritic areas can be beneficial, as can applying a source of heat therapy. Endeavour, my arthritic Bunny, actually chooses to sit under a radiator when his back is especially sore.
She has a heat mat that she spends almost all of her time on and I think I'd be the same if I didn't have to go to work :lol:

She seems pretty miserable today but probably the trip to the vet didn't do her mood any good.

Sending vibes for beautiful Lola. My view is that as long as she is enjoying the wonderful life you are giving her, then she has the right to continue those precious times. You will know Lolas body language and I think you alone will know when a decision should be made. It’s important I think to remember and cherish every special and unique moment that we spend with our pets- and you are giving her the very best opportunity to enjoy as much life as Lola can.
Sending millions of vibes for her and hope she is feeling a bit better today. X

She has a heat mat that she spends almost all of her time on and I think I'd be the same if I didn't have to go to work :lol:

She seems pretty miserable today but probably the trip to the vet didn't do her mood any good.

No, the pesky Vet trips are usually not a Bunny's favorite pastime !

I have arthritis myself and I always find some sort of heat source to be soothing. Endeavour loves his massages, he tooth purrs and goes to sleep during them :love:

I'm glad you get to spend more time with Lola. I second what Jane says about heat sources & arthritic buns - Mousey is nearly always snoozing under the radiator or in front of the log burner - whichever is hotter

Back