Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Vaccinating Against RHD2- I Dont Understand

Default Not Vaccinating Against RHD2- I Dont Understand

Sorry, I just have to get this off my chest. I have just read posts elsewhere about a Breeder having lost several Rabbits over the last couple of weeks. None of her 'stock' were vaccinated. But as soon as anyone pointed out how irresponsible this is they got a torrent of abuse and accused of being 'judgemental and lacking compassion'.

FFS, the woman needs a kick up the , not 'compassion'. Now all she is doing is trying to get sympathy. Sorry, I have none to give, only to the poor Rabbits that died a death that could have been prevented.

''Realise deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the 'now' the primary focus of your life'' ~ Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Sorry, I just have to get this off my chest. I have just read posts elsewhere about a Breeder having lost several Rabbits over the last couple of weeks. None of her 'stock' were vaccinated. But as soon as anyone pointed out how irresponsible this is they got a torrent of abuse and accused of being 'judgemental and lacking compassion'.

FFS, the woman needs a kick up the , not 'compassion'. Now all she is doing is trying to get sympathy. Sorry, I have none to give, only to the poor Rabbits that died a death that could have been prevented.

I have this issue when people are like that.. I find it really hard to be compassionate when I feel like the animal had no chance due to the humans decision making, which doesn't appear to have any logic behind it or follow anything that's suggested.. Or when people ignore things. Probably not one of my best qualities.

It's just so hard to hear about suffering that didn't need to happen or could've been avoided

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Having watched a precious bunny screaming and fitting due to RHD2 death, I too have empathy for the rabbit rather than those that decided not to vaccinate. (Not being aware is a different story).
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

[QUOTE=Graciee;7144081]I have this issue when people are like that.. I find it really hard to be compassionate when I feel like the animal had no chance due to the humans decision making, which doesn't appear to have any logic behind it or follow anything that's suggested.. Or when people ignore things. Probably not one of my best qualities.

It's just so hard to hear about suffering that didn't need to happen or could've been avoided dear jacks-jane and graciee,--yes,i agree with both of you,-and I make no excuses for people who knowing decide to not getting the jabs.-,but there can be extenuating cicumstances..ie.ignorance,money,no dvm,-transportation.--I think sometimes about adopted children who are abused/die.-I guess it comes down to education,economics.--I am not on the fence about this,i agree whole heartedly-with you both..-just adding my[ 2 ]cents,centavos,pence,scillings--sincerely james waller-from the the other kent

Breeder obviously didn't have any compassion for her animals.
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

I find it hard too. I work in a pet shop and have to be careful not to get annoyed with my customers and have to word things carefully when things like this happen.

I have no sympathy for anyone who doesn't vaccinate and then is woe is me when the illness kills their pets. But, I have to say, when people then start saying 'you should have done x or y and they would be alive today', that's kind of pointless. The person can't go back in time (and we've all wished we could do that over things with our pets). It's any future rabbits the person has that is the issue.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs

Quote Originally Posted by SarahP View Post
    I have no sympathy for anyone who doesn't vaccinate and then is woe is me when the illness kills their pets. But, I have to say, when people then start saying 'you should have done x or y and they would be alive today', that's kind of pointless. The person can't go back in time (and we've all wished we could do that over things with our pets). It's any future rabbits the person has that is the issue.
    Oh yea 100%, if you didn't know etc it's different, you can only act on the info you have at the time. We all make mistakes, or accidents happen etc. I tend to be like if only I'd done x y z then maybe this wouldn't have happened etc. to myself, but I wouldn't do it to others.. Because it's pointless... Apparently torturing myself is okay though

Quote Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
    I find it hard too. I work in a pet shop and have to be careful not to get annoyed with my customers and have to word things carefully when things like this happen.
    Oh wow yea I'd find that very difficult to work in a pet shop for that reason

Quote Originally Posted by SarahP View Post
    The person was well aware of the RHD2 issue, but chose not to vaccinate. The remaining Adult 'stock' are now Vaccinated- with a vaccine obtained from another Breeder. Can only hope that said vaccine has been stored correctly and administered correctly. Babies are not being Vaccinated as it will be 'up to the person who buys them to do that '

''Realise deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the 'now' the primary focus of your life'' ~ Eckhart Tolle