Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Bunny into Rescue

Wise Old Thumper

Default Poor Bunny into Rescue

Meet Brewster. He is a 6 year old French lop x who has lived at a residential home for 5 years..adopted from PAH
    He has always lived alone and I was told some of the residents " are rough with him "
    He is overweight, huge dewlap, as fed fruity nuggets, carrots and sweetcorn which may also explain the state of his rear end
    He stank my car out and then my house. Pics don't show how bad his eyes are..really runny, sticky and matted. Evidently he went to a vet " some time ago " told it was conjuntivitis and given some eye drops. Despite it not clearing he's not been back.
    anyway here is the old boy..not great pics. His right eye smells and his rear is awful..pic after some of the mess had been taken off

brewstersrear100120 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

His rear is disgusting and he's had that for "years" too and nothing done to find out whats causing it.

Brewsterface100120 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

I really hope their residents get better attention.
    He will see our vet on monday.
    UPDATE today I cleaned his rear as much as he'd let me, trimmed his nails and washed his eyes. He is eatign well
    Jill

Poor boy I’m glad that he is safe with you now I hope he does well now he’s getting the care he needs xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Oh poor lad, what a life so pleased he's now with you, really hope he improves quickly x
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Mama Doe

Poor boy, glad he's now safe with you.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybunny View Post
    Meet Brewster. He is a 6 year old French lop x who has lived at a residential home for 5 years..adopted from PAH
    He has always lived alone and I was told some of the residents " are rough with him "
    He is overweight, huge dewlap, as fed fruity nuggets, carrots and sweetcorn which may also explain the state of his rear end
    He stank my car out and then my house. Pics don't show how bad his eyes are..really runny, sticky and matted. Evidently he went to a vet " some time ago " told it was conjuntivitis and given some eye drops. Despite it not clearing he's not been back.
    anyway here is the old boy..not great pics. His right eye smells and his rear is awful..pic after some of the mess had been taken off

brewstersrear100120 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

His rear is disgusting and he's had that for "years" too and nothing done to find out whats causing it.

Brewsterface100120 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

I really hope their residents get better attention.

He will see our vet on monday.
    UPDATE today I cleaned his rear as much as he'd let me, trimmed his nails and washed his eyes. He is eatign well
    Sadly that is not always the case

Poor Bunny, I hope he will soon start to feel a lot better once he has the treatment he needs x

''Realise deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the 'now' the primary focus of your life'' ~ Eckhart Tolle

One Medicine, for Human's and Animals https://www.humanimaltrust.org.uk/

Mama Doe

Poor poor boy, this is so sad. I always feel very upset about the idea of rabbits living as 'pets in residential homes or nurseries. It seems very wrong to me. Will he be available to adopt eventually? I'm actually looking for a 5 - 6 year old to bond with my 5 year old doe, Jellybean

Thank goodness he is now safe

Wise Old Thumper

Oh Brewster, you deserve so much better from life I bet with care he'll become a beautiful rabbit

I agree, you would think that so-called carers could have cared much better than this

I agree also with Beapig a residential home or a nursery never seems ideal.

I hope he finds a wonderful new home

heartbreaking to think the little lad has suffered so long - I'm glad you've come to his rescue

Saw this in Facebook and assumed he came from Pets at Home as he looks so much like my Louie.

Get well soon, beautiful xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk