• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Bunny into Rescue

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Meet Brewster. He is a 6 year old French lop x who has lived at a residential home for 5 years..adopted from PAH
He has always lived alone and I was told some of the residents " are rough with him "
He is overweight, huge dewlap, as fed fruity nuggets, carrots and sweetcorn which may also explain the state of his rear end :(
He stank my car out and then my house. Pics don't show how bad his eyes are..really runny, sticky and matted. Evidently he went to a vet " some time ago " told it was conjuntivitis and given some eye drops. Despite it not clearing he's not been back.
anyway here is the old boy..not great pics. His right eye smells and his rear is awful..pic after some of the mess had been taken off

brewstersrear100120 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

His rear is disgusting and he's had that for "years" too and nothing done to find out whats causing it.

Brewsterface100120 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

I really hope their residents get better attention.
He will see our vet on monday.
UPDATE today I cleaned his rear as much as he'd let me, trimmed his nails and washed his eyes. He is eatign well :)

Poor boy :cry: I’m glad that he is safe with you now :love: I hope he does well now he’s getting the care he needs xx

Meet Brewster. He is a 6 year old French lop x who has lived at a residential home for 5 years..adopted from PAH
He has always lived alone and I was told some of the residents " are rough with him "
He is overweight, huge dewlap, as fed fruity nuggets, carrots and sweetcorn which may also explain the state of his rear end :(
He stank my car out and then my house. Pics don't show how bad his eyes are..really runny, sticky and matted. Evidently he went to a vet " some time ago " told it was conjuntivitis and given some eye drops. Despite it not clearing he's not been back.
anyway here is the old boy..not great pics. His right eye smells and his rear is awful..pic after some of the mess had been taken off

brewstersrear100120 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

His rear is disgusting and he's had that for "years" too and nothing done to find out whats causing it.

Brewsterface100120 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

I really hope their residents get better attention.

He will see our vet on monday.
UPDATE today I cleaned his rear as much as he'd let me, trimmed his nails and washed his eyes. He is eatign well :)

Sadly that is not always the case :cry:

Poor Bunny, I hope he will soon start to feel a lot better once he has the treatment he needs x

Poor poor boy, this is so sad. I always feel very upset about the idea of rabbits living as 'pets in residential homes or nurseries. It seems very wrong to me. Will he be available to adopt eventually? I'm actually looking for a 5 - 6 year old to bond with my 5 year old doe, Jellybean :)

Oh Brewster, you deserve so much better from life :( I bet with care he'll become a beautiful rabbit :love:

I agree, you would think that so-called carers could have cared much better than this :(

I agree also with Beapig a residential home or a nursery never seems ideal.

I hope he finds a wonderful new home :love:

heartbreaking to think the little lad has suffered so long - I'm glad you've come to his rescue

Saw this in Facebook and assumed he came from Pets at Home as he looks so much like my Louie.

Get well soon, beautiful xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruddy Nora how could anyone think it was ok to leave him like that?!

Glad he is eating well.

I saw him on FB too. Poor boy but at least he found his way to you now. I hope his health issues clear up quickly and he gets to enjoy life as a healthy bunny. x

Back