• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Using a dog crate to bond?

Your bonding sounds like it’s going fairly well in my opinion, especially considering how little time they’ve been together. The only thing I’d say is remember to never end a bonding session on a bad note. For example, if one bunny bites the other, don’t immediately separate them as them the bunny who bit the other one could see separating them from the other as a reward and it may reinforce it to bite again. Always end a bonding session on a good note (eg: putting the bunnies next to each other and stroking them or giving them both a treat as this helps them associate the other bunny with good things). Also, if a serious fight ever does break out, consider a small amount of stress bonding (eg: short car journey) as this encourages the bunnies to find comfort in one another and can reduce fighting by finding common ground. Hope it helps!
Ah great, thanks so much for the advice. All bonding sessions have ended quite well so far so hopefully they'll start getting on properly soon!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Back