Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry at vets again - Henry has sadly gone- U/D 6am thread page 20

Hybrid View

Default Henry at vets again - Henry has sadly gone- U/D 6am thread page 20

Henry has had another vet trip tonight and Iím only a few hours from admitting myself to the local psychiatric unit with stress. My priority is and has been and will be the rabbits by my gosh I just feel like itís just getting past me now because I just canít get a handle on what is going on.
    Basically Henry is still wet underneath and he was never a wet underneath bun. In fact, other than his deficient eye tear duct (which has mysteriously cleared up) and a limp paw episode a year ago, heís been fine. But the last week is tough.
    The vet visit tonight went like this: temperature is spot on. Teeth are fine. Vital organs sound fine. No lumps, bumps or things there shouldnít be. Tummy sounds good, no sign of stasis. Weight good, lost about .03 of a kilo from last week.
    But he is not himself. Heís eating ok but heís just not energetic. He just isnít presenting as right.
    We found out he had an opiate pain relief injection last week which was why he was so zonked out.
    Heís sore underneath and weíve been putting sudocrem on but have now switched to flamzene.
    Pain med injection given and a different abx injection. Advised to continue with sulfatrim for the next few days.
    Next step is X-ray but with nothing that obvious then Iím left scratching my head and eating whatís left of my fingernails.
    Will update you all as and when.
    Craig.
    Last edited by Craig 1965; 17-01-2020 at 06:31 AM.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

Oh Henry, why can't you tell us what the problem is! I agree that it's a worry when you know they're not right, but there's no definite diagnosis. Has a urine test been done? I'm presuming that the vet thinks it's possibly a urine infection and a urine test should confirm it.

Sending lots of vibes for him xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Thanks omi. Yes the vet thinks it could be uti but I’m just left scratching my head and trying to piece together possibles.
    It is true Lillian has had a couple of uti’s in the last few months following on from her bladder stone last summer. Lillian’s latest uti was back in November. Soooo, could it be possible for this to be transmitted? I know that’s a really dumb question from me because I’m assuming there’s bacteria involved and I’m assuming the bactrium can therefore be passed in some way? I dunno- I’m just dumb. Also my wife has had an uti for the last few weeks (over Xmas) so could that be a factor?
    So we’re working on urinary infection for now and see what happens over next few days.
    Thank you for your thoughts omi.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

The poor sausage, hope the abx work. Vibes for everybun xx (I don't know but I wouldn't think Lillian could give Henry a UTI & I'd put money on your wife not being able to)

I'm sorry Henry is still presenting with difficulty. When I hear a bun's bum is wet I think mobility. How is he getting about? Is he doing normal jumping and running or is he a bit creaky? My Mimzy had early onset arthritis at 3 years. Daily metacam sorted him but was a lifelong need.

Have any liver/kidney values been assessed with bloodwork lately?

I don't think UTI's are transmittable by different species, but I do wonder what kind of water everyone drinks in the house...2 and 4 leggeds.

Just my thoughts. I hope something can be found to help Henry, and your fingernails. ((((((Healing vibes on the way))))))

Quote Originally Posted by MimzMum View Post
    I don't think UTI's are transmittable by different species, but I do wonder what kind of water everyone drinks in the house...2 and 4 leggeds.
    This was my thought too. Phillip and Snowy went through a stage of getting back to back UTIs until I changed the water they drank.

Sorry to hear he is unwell again Craig. It's so upsetting to watch them like that. Fingers crossed the vet can get to the bottom of it asap xx

Thank you everybun for posting. It is enlightening to read your collective thoughts.
    The drinking water that Henry and Lillian have is bottled supermarket spring water (not the bubbly type). I switched to this after reading some of your posts about limescale water and after Lillian’s bladder stone. Although none of my other buns ever had an issue with hard water. We do live in a very limescaley water place. We drink the tap water. I’m never bothered by it and wife usually has hot drinks. I don’t have any hot drinks.
    Henry is still very mobile but he’s just got no drive. The biggest clue to something not right is his loss of routine. First thing in morning when I get up, he’s in the living room standing next to door to hall. I open that, he then goes to kitchen, then back then zoom upstairs. He has not done that for couple of weeks now. Just sits there. He has garden time but just runs up the path, not zoomy. And he actively looks for cardboard and/or paper. I’ve had to drag him off a pad of paper he was eating earlier and put some fresh celery tops down for him which he picked at.
    Bloods might be the next step - the vet tonight wasn’t totally up for that and preferred an x-ray but I was slightly against that on the grounds that my vet bill since last June is now somewhere around 4K for Lillian and Henry. And Craig’s pockets are sort of drying up.
    Henry’s eating (when he can get near the food) and weeing but not sure if he’s straining or not.
    I’m baffled.

Oh Craig, I'm so sorry to hear this latest Henry news, I really feel for you, and for Henry of course. I really hope the meds will help clear up whatever is troubling him. Can't offer any advice I'm afraid, but hang in there, you, as always, are doing a great job with Heny. Sending loads of vibes for him xxx

If he's not straining it's likely not a stone or other obstruction, but if he uses a litterbox normally and then you notice he might go off on the carpet or somewhere other than where he's supposed to, especially if it's a high sided litterbox, then that would tell me the joints are freezing up. He won't suddenly be heavily lame, he'll just be thinking twice about doing as much zooming as usual.

I know vets have their expenses but it would be awesome if they could do something about costs. I'm right there with you, I don't even want to know what I've spent on Jenna alone this last year, but I know I've had to recycle bottles for food money as a result.
    That being said, an xray of his hips might reveal something. Or if nothing else, do you notice him being a little more sensitive to physical touch in his hindquarters or having trouble grooming there?

Which paw was limp btw? And was he ever tested for E.C. with his eye trouble?