• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Henry at vets again - Henry has sadly gone- U/D 6am thread page 20

Really pleased he's passed some poos, that's a positive update!

I agree with Zoobec that they do tend to feel quite ropey still as they're getting over a stasis episode so it's not surprising he doesn't feel like eating yet and his poops aren't great at the moment. It may take a few days still before he's back to normal. The important thing is that the poops are there and he's getting food into his tummy.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

It often takes a while for them to eat voluntarily after stasis so it sounds normal. Also it’s good that he is pooping but it’s also normal for them to be smaller than normal whilst their guts get back to normal.

Topping up the vibes and hugs xx
Yes I agree :) this seems positive and very normal. Sending millions of vibes for Henry and you :) xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you Graciee and slh. You are incredibly supportive and I feel reassured by everyone’s posts this morning. Doesn’t stop me worrying my life away right now because these last 2 weeks have really thrown me.
Thank you x

Thank you Graciee and slh. You are incredibly supportive and I feel reassured by everyone’s posts this morning. Doesn’t stop me worrying my life away right now because these last 2 weeks have really thrown me.
Thank you x
Oh I totally get it, even when positive things happen, I'm still on edge and worried about the buns, never fully relax until things are much much better or back to normal, it's so hard when you're in it and it's been going on for a long time. Clementine had stasis for a month last summer, was awful, and really tough to deal with mentally, you feel so helpless, when in reality they're getting everything possible to help them and it's just time needed for their bodies to get better.

I hope Henry starts to nibble more and more throughout the day xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Sending you and Henry tons of vibes. It is good your wife was able to talk ro vet. Bunnies are our family members and it is so exhausting when they are ill.

I hope you get some positive news from the vet about Henry this evening, including the results of the other diagnostics that were done. Sending him lots more vibes.

Topping up the vibes for Henry and hope he starts eating more independently. You are such a wonderful devoted bunny dad and your bunnies are blessed to have you. Take care of yourself you will need to be servant to Henry and Lillian's dietary requirements when he is home.

Quick 7pm update.
I don't know what day it is right now. I come in from work (an hour to drive 6 miles), I make tea, clean bunnies out, eat tea, and quickly update this, then go to bed.
I am just fiunctioning.
Henry isn't coming home tonight because he is still poorly. He is not eating independantly despite the vets and nurses efforts. He just doesn't seem to have any appetite.
They are continuing with IV and trying different foods as far as I can determine.
I feel that he is in the right place for the time being. The vets are finding the same problem we had and I didn't have any answers for this.
I don't know if there were any blood results but at least he will continue to be monitored very regularly, and be getting fluids in constantly. The situation will be reviewed again in the morning. He presented as brighter and appears to be resisting more when they are feeding him - so perhaps he is regaining some strength. They thought he had eaten some hay but I'm just relaying what I was told from my wife.
Lillian is urinating in places that she wouldn't normally - and I am hoping that you will suggest that this could be stress with Lillian. She's not really getting any opportunity to go outside here lately because it is just constantly raining or dark when I get home due to how long it takes me to get home now.
So things are much as they were last night. I know Henry is in the best hands - better than mine anyway, but puzzled as to why he has still got no or little appetite.
I will update you all again tomorrow when the vet calls with an update.
Thank you all again
Craig x

Hi Craig
I can't find the right words but I'm thinking of you and Henry and Lillian too.
xxx

Sending lots more vibes for Henry. I hope he starts to eat by himself soon. Hopefully, the regular syringe-feeding, the gut meds and fluids will make his digestive system feel more normal-like, which should help his appetite.

I suggest it could just be a one-off with Lillian and so just see if it happens again. I really doubt whether it's stress or the fact that she can't go outside. Is this how her previous urinary problems started?

I agree with Omi, I think once the syringe feeding, meds and fluids start to take effect I am sure he will start to feel better.

Sending lots more vibes and hugs xx

Its frustrating when recovery is slow & the cause identified but its not unusual & I'm heartened that he is progressing, albeit at a slower rate than we'd like. I assume if there is anything untoward in his bloods the vets would have feedback to you but it'd be good to know for sure. I hope with Lillian the wees are behavioural but I get your concern with her history. All paws crossed Henry will keep on getting better & Lillian is ok apart from missing her husbund

Quick 7pm update.
I don't know what day it is right now. I come in from work (an hour to drive 6 miles), I make tea, clean bunnies out, eat tea, and quickly update this, then go to bed.
I am just fiunctioning.
Henry isn't coming home tonight because he is still poorly. He is not eating independantly despite the vets and nurses efforts. He just doesn't seem to have any appetite.
They are continuing with IV and trying different foods as far as I can determine.
I feel that he is in the right place for the time being. The vets are finding the same problem we had and I didn't have any answers for this.
I don't know if there were any blood results but at least he will continue to be monitored very regularly, and be getting fluids in constantly. The situation will be reviewed again in the morning. He presented as brighter and appears to be resisting more when they are feeding him - so perhaps he is regaining some strength. They thought he had eaten some hay but I'm just relaying what I was told from my wife.
Lillian is urinating in places that she wouldn't normally - and I am hoping that you will suggest that this could be stress with Lillian. She's not really getting any opportunity to go outside here lately because it is just constantly raining or dark when I get home due to how long it takes me to get home now.
So things are much as they were last night. I know Henry is in the best hands - better than mine anyway, but puzzled as to why he has still got no or little appetite.
I will update you all again tomorrow when the vet calls with an update.
Thank you all again
Craig x

This may be a ridiculous question, but the Vet(s) are absolutely certain that Henry does not have Dental problems are they ? I apologise for not being able to remember if Henry has had a Dental under GA ?

Re Lillian's urinating- a one off I would not be overly concerned about. But given her history of Bladder problems I would get the Vet's advice should Lillian keep showing the same behaviour.

Last edited:
Back