• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

EmerAid Intensive Care Herbivore V Oxbow Critical Care

Full house

New Kit
I didn't know whether to post this in health or diet, apologies if I've chosen the wrong section.

I have two bunnies with terrible teeth roots, one of whom I'm having to syringe feed quite a lot. He's still managing to eat some, hence me continuing to keep him going. I have always used Oxbow critical care, but have heard about Emeraid and a bunny friend suggested I try it. Is it better than Oxbow? I believe less of the Emeraid is needed, which would be a great help, as bunnies tend to get very stressed being syringe fed. I believe the IC version will be what I need, but is it worth getting or is it essentially the same as the Oxbow? I have tried to work this out myself, but am very tired and struggling to get my brain into gear. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

I'm really interested in this & hope you get some answers - I reckon asking your vet would be the best solution, if you do - please report back. My vets use oxbow cc which makes me assume that would be the preferred option

I just googled ingredients for each but my brain quickly exploded. The only thing that stood out for me was CC has grass as its first ingredient & I like that

Oxbow ingredients

Timothy Grass Meal, Soybean Hulls, Soybean Meal, Wheat Germ, Xanthan Gum, Calcium Chloride, Cane Molasses, Salt, Potassium Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Monophosphate (Vitamin C), Soybean Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Papaya, Pineapple, Limestone, Natural Flavor, Oat Groats, Wheat Middlings, Yeast Culture (dehydrated), Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate,Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Selenium Yeast, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Proteinate, Riboflavin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Biotin, Manganous Oxide, Thiamin Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate

Emeraid IC

Ingredients
Cellulose, soy protein hydrolyzed, corn syrup solids, rice gel flour, inulin, corn oil, defatted wheat germ, canola oil, sucrose, glutamine, ground limestone, dicalcium phosphate, potassium bicarbonate, iodized salt, DL-methionine (an essential amino acid), magnesium sulfate, choline iodized salt, DL-methionine (an essential amino acid), magnesium sulfate, choline chloride, cysteine (an essential amino acid), vitamin A supplement, vitamin E supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), copper sulfate, manganese oxide, zinc oxide, niacin supplement, calcium dipantothenate, riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin B12 supplement, folic acid, biotin, ascorbic acid, tryptophan (an essential amino acid), manganese sulfate, ethoxyquin (preservative), zinc sulfate, sodium selenite.

Good luck finding a way forward in feeding your dental buns

Personally I'd use Emeraid Herbivore Sustain

https://emeraid.com/emeraid-herbivore-sustain/

Thank you all. With Amazon Prime I can get the IC one tomorrow, but will order the Sustain too. I have heard of this for a while. It sounds like you need to use less and it's more palatable too. I understand the IC one is for short term use and I'd then need to move over to the Sustain or mix the IC with Oxbow CC. I think that's right. Thank you so much. I'll let you know how I get on.

I'm really interested in this & hope you get some answers - I reckon asking your vet would be the best solution, if you do - please report back. My vets use oxbow cc which makes me assume that would be the preferred option

I just googled ingredients for each but my brain quickly exploded. The only thing that stood out for me was CC has grass as its first ingredient & I like that

My head is the same. I lost a dental bun a week before Christmas, have another who's been needing extra care for a couple of months and one, who's quite elderly who has been knocked off his feet by a dental last week. I'm not very well myself and it's just me human wise, so I'm very, very grateful for everyone's help.

Back