• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My amazing Doughnut has gone, I've just put her to sleep

Doughnut truly was such an amazing bunny, and you an amazing bunny mummy. Thank you for sharing your stories with us, I believe you and Doughnut have taught us all so much about caring and coping with a poorly bunny.

Sending lots of love and hugs at this sad time xx

JXqhh6c.jpg

xxxx

I am sorry for your loss of sweet dear Doughnut. She had a wonderful life with you and will be missed by everyone here also. Binky free.

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Doughnut. You always fought so hard for her and gifted her extra years that she wouldn't otherwise have had.

Sleep tight Doughnut, a very special little lady who will leave a huge hole in our hearts xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I am so so sorry. Doughnut is an amazing rabbit with a special spirit full of love and strength and you have given her the most amazing special life. It is especially hard to be in the situation to have to let our special pets go, but you gave Doughnut the love and dignity at that moment. I share the tears that we all have for such a special rabbit, who touched many hearts outside your own. I echo the words that others have said “Doughnut will not be forgotten by us”.
Binkey free sweet gentle special Doughnut and sleep tight.
Sending big hugs to you and thinking of you. Xx

I'm sorry to hear about Doughnut, what a lovely rabbit. I know you gave her great care and she was very much loved. I've always looked out for posts about her.

You say that hopefully it will get easier and I wish someone had told me this when I suffered bereavement - although it may not seem imaginable now, as each day passes it will become easier. There may even come a time where it's no longer painful to remember her, but instead always joy. I hope this gives you some comfort.

You gave her the best life.

Have fun with the other rabbits Doughnut, may there be lots of binkies and endless, sweet meadow hay xx

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. Binky free Doughnut. Sending lots of hugs tonight xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you all so much. I can't describe the pain I'm feeling. So exhausted from crying. I know it will get easier. Whenever I had heartbreak in my life I always thought I've got my little doughnut so everything seemed better. I keep looking for her but I need to remind myself I did everything I possibly could and let her go when she wanted to.

The biggest hugs :( Thankyou for sharing her with us. She will never be forgotten, she was so special. You are very special too, she had an amazing life with you xx

I am so sorry. Your love and bond with Doughnut was clear from your posts.

Binky free Doughnut xxx

There's no words to describe how sad I feel for you and how sorry I am that Doughnut has gone. :cry:
I had to leave the thread for a little while and come back to post. Couldn't see through the tears :cry::cry::cry:

You've been such a wonderful friend for her, as she has been for you. For all of us, really. I agree with keletkezes, it's been fabulous sharing in her life and adventures with you. And you've given her the selfless and kindest gift in letting her go when I know you must've wanted to do anything else but. She will never be forgotten and she's touched so many whom she never knew.

((((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

Doughnut, beautiful sweet soul, have pleasant dreams at the Rainbow. I will always smile when I think of you. xxxx

Thank you everyone for your kind posts. It's so lovely knowing you all understand. For the first time in nearly 9 years I didn't need to get up early to give her her medicine. I hate it. I want to see that little face that I kissed so often. It's unbearable. Everyone is there for me. Coming round to keep me company and calling but I feel lonely. I know it will get better and I'll stop crying eventually. I can't eat or sleep.

I'm wondering if getting another bunny hopping around may help. Not to replace her as I would wait a while but to have a purpose and someone to give nose rubs to.

Thank you everyone for your kind posts. It's so lovely knowing you all understand. For the first time in nearly 9 years I didn't need to get up early to give her her medicine. I hate it. I want to see that little face that I kissed so often. It's unbearable. Everyone is there for me. Coming round to keep me company and calling but I feel lonely. I know it will get better and I'll stop crying eventually. I can't eat or sleep.

I'm wondering if getting another bunny hopping around may help. Not to replace her as I would wait a while but to have a purpose and someone to give nose rubs to.

Sending loads of hugs. Regarding getting another bunny, this is a very personal decision and there will be lots of different views. It certainly would not be wrong nor considered in any way that you were replacing Doughnut. Also in my view any bunny would have a wonderful home with you :)

Sending loads of hugs. Regarding getting another bunny, this is a very personal decision and there will be lots of different views. It certainly would not be wrong nor considered in any way that you were replacing Doughnut. Also in my view any bunny would have a wonderful home with you :)

Thank you. I just think if I had a little bundle of fluff hopping around it would cheer me up and give me pockets of happiness. At the moment I can't see any end to this hurt. I won't be getting one this week but maybe I'm a month or two.

I'm glad you are getting support with your loss, although I understand this won't take away the pain of losing your little girlie. So many of us can empathise with these feelings. While another little friend will never replace Doughnut, another little bunny would be extremely lucky to be in your loving care, if this is what you decide to do. Big hugs xx

You're a brilliant bunny mum so its lovely to think you could give another bunny a forever home whenever the times right for you xx

Back