Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice regarding rabbits vet bills

Warren Veteran

I'm always envious of people whose vets let them pay in installments. The amount of vet bills I've shelled out on over the years it would have made my life so much easier if I could do it in installments. But no vet I've ever spoken to in my area has ever let me.

Can you not take out a credit card?

Quote Originally Posted by bumblicious View Post
    I'm always envious of people whose vets let them pay in installments. The amount of vet bills I've shelled out on over the years it would have made my life so much easier if I could do it in installments. But no vet I've ever spoken to in my area has ever let me.

Can you not take out a credit card?
    Yeah not a lot of vets do it. £200 is good a month normally but without working itís a lot. Weíve never been fans of credit cards just never really wanted to get into it or rely on it

Warren Veteran

No me neither I've never had one in my life. But there'll probably be a day when I need one and when needs must...

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy544 View Post
    Yeah not a lot of vets do it. £200 is good a month normally but without working itís a lot. Weíve never been fans of credit cards just never really wanted to get into it or rely on it
    I think some people have an 'emergency' credit card which they don't touch unless it is an occasion something like this, when they have no other option. Unfortunately, though, in your position you would end up paying interest as you would be unable to settle the account in full by the due date.
    Last edited by Babsie; 07-01-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by bumblicious View Post
    No me neither I've never had one in my life. But there'll probably be a day when I need one and when needs must...
    There's nothing wrong with having a credit card - sometimes it is much more convenient to use it for purchases. Its when people don't pay them that the trouble starts.

Warren Veteran

Yes I've just always got away with not having one really. But I'll probably end up getting one at one point.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Hi everyone thank you for your replies! We had a vet appointment today, the vet said he wants to take our her top teeth as they just keep overgrowing, should be around £200. But her mouth infection is back and on her bottom teeth so he doesnít know if after the top are removed that itíll work since the infection seems to be in the bottom. Sheís back on antibiotics but he said it might be best putting her to sleep as she will probably have a life of mouth infections and mouth problems. She is 8 months old.

Oh no... Thatís such a terrible thing to have to hear, Iím so sorry. Is the Vet Rabbit savvy?

I canít offer advice but sending gentle nose rubs for bun and gentle (((Hugs))) for you xx

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Belle View Post
    Oh no... Thatís such a terrible thing to have to hear, Iím so sorry. Is the Vet Rabbit savvy?

I canít offer advice but sending gentle nose rubs for bun and gentle (((Hugs))) for you xx
    Yeah he is rabbit savvy, he did her sisters surgery twice and heís done her surgery once on her teeth. So I do trust him, but looks like the problem is in her bottom teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy544 View Post
    Hi everyone thank you for your replies! We had a vet appointment today, the vet said he wants to take our her top teeth as they just keep overgrowing, should be around £200. But her mouth infection is back and on her bottom teeth so he doesn’t know if after the top are removed that it’ll work since the infection seems to be in the bottom. She’s back on antibiotics but he said it might be best putting her to sleep as she will probably have a life of mouth infections and mouth problems. She is 8 months old.
    That sounds to be rather drastic. Personally I would seek a second opinion. Have any Dental Xrays been taken to assess just how bad the tooth root infection is ? It could well be that once all her Incisors (front teeth) are removed the current infection will not recur. It is impossible for a Vet to see the full situation without having taken any Dental Xrays. Rabbits can cope perfectly well without Incisors, they may just need their Veg cut up and have short cut hays.

I would strongly advise you to seek a second opinion before agreeing to PTS.

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/