• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update...Galens garden forage bricks?

Oh no they like all sorts of hay. They like the timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk and they also like the orchard hay from there. They've also tried the timothy and rye and meadow hay from hayandstraw.co.uk and seemed to like.

The one thing I've noticed is that the ings hay is the only one that they consistently like all the time. Their enthusiasm for the others can wax and wane at times.

Interestingly enough, when I first got Scrappy she wasn't a great hay eater. For me it was a godsend when I discovered the ings hay as that (and green oat) were the only ones she actually liked and would eat a decent amount of.

Are you thinking of giving it a whirl for Rudey Dudey?

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Oh no they like all sorts of hay. They like the timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk and they also like the orchard hay from there. They've also tried the timothy and rye and meadow hay from hayandstraw.co.uk and seemed to like.

The one thing I've noticed is that the ings hay is the only one that they consistently like all the time. Their enthusiasm for the others can wax and wane at times.

Interestingly enough, when I first got Scrappy she wasn't a great hay eater. For me it was a godsend when I discovered the ings hay as that (and green oat) were the only ones she actually liked and would eat a decent amount of.

Are you thinking of giving it a whirl for Rudey Dudey?

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Yes. I'm casually trying a new hay a week. I don't think there would be any point buying the sample box as I fear snaffly Mouse would trough it before I got a chance to see what Rudey thought. I've cheekily messaged them & asked if I can have a 9.5 sack for the £18 but with all three hays. Timothyhay.co.uk used to do this on my first couple of purchases

Ings is better at the mo. Timothy and Rue is usually the best but not great at the moment and all of my lot plus fosters (so 20+ buns) are rejecting it. Ings they are happy with though!

I buy from Hay & Straw and my bunnies love the Ings hay. It's the only one I've bought from them and it's the only one they sell which has not been treated with herbicide during the growing process (I emailed them to check as the 'Aminopyralid' herbicide used on hay has been killing people's homegrown veg when they've used compost with broken down hay in it from farms/stables etc)

I've always bought the Ings hay and never had a bad bag :) I'm looking after one of the vets rabbits at work and I see they have the meadow hay and although their rabbit seems to like it I think the bag is a bit dusty/not very green bay.

thanks for all the info. Which is least stalky? i always err towards stalky & maybe he'd like something softer

thanks for all the info. Which is least stalky? i always err towards stalky & maybe he'd like something softer
Ings is quite soft imo compared to stalky Timothyhay.co.uk. It's long, fine strands.

Mine all love the ings hay, we did stop buying it though because a few times there was some really sharp stuff in the bag and I cut my hand getting it out. Also used to buy the straw from them, but I got a couple that had loads of flies in the bag and condensation :S I think because they send everything in plastic bags, rather than the breathable ones that Timothyhay.co.uk use.

Tried their other hays which weren't really liked that much, first hays I've had my lot turn their noses up at.. I'm lucky really my 4 are great hay eaters and will eat most hays.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

My buns love the Ings hay, but they are always unimpressed when the batch changes. Hagan I think they are just Uber fussy though. They also like the meadow hay from there too.

So I ordered the larger size Of Ings as that seems most popular & asked if they'd substitute a little so they can have a taster of each. I'd be so happy if i could find the hay of Rudeys dreams (if there is one). Of the various offerings left out for him & Mouse he actually nibbles more dry than fresh these days. If he won't eat it Joey Boo & Mouse will probably like it . He sat with a pile of oat hay in front of him the other day, kept picking bits up & laying them back down then looking over at me. Reckon he might have been telling me he doesn't want stalky (though Timothyhay.co.uk Orchard wasn't stalky & he didn't like that)

What are their delivery times like? Which courier do they use? and I'm getting excited about hay again:lol:

I've always bought the Ings hay and never had a bad bag :) I'm looking after one of the vets rabbits at work and I see they have the meadow hay and although their rabbit seems to like it I think the bag is a bit dusty/not very green bay.
Mine much prefer stalky and yellow! They went mental for some green, soft hay the first time they had it and then really went off it until I started mixing in stalky bits! Lopsy (and formerly Aboleth) likes to take a big long stalky piece and make it rattle on anything nearby: the floor, the hay rack, the window mesh, a nearby bunny or person, the litter tray...

Oh no! Hope the others like it. If not, I’ll send the goats round to eat it :lol:

I wasn't exactly surprised Rudey turned his back on it but Mousey has enjoyed a good munch. It was worth a shot & it won't go to waste. I'll try J&B later - bet they'll love it

Back