Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update...Galens garden forage bricks?

Default Update...Galens garden forage bricks?

Is it only Ings that your bunnies like?
    Last edited by joey&boo; 25-01-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Oh no they like all sorts of hay. They like the timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk and they also like the orchard hay from there. They've also tried the timothy and rye and meadow hay from hayandstraw.co.uk and seemed to like.

The one thing I've noticed is that the ings hay is the only one that they consistently like all the time. Their enthusiasm for the others can wax and wane at times.

Interestingly enough, when I first got Scrappy she wasn't a great hay eater. For me it was a godsend when I discovered the ings hay as that (and green oat) were the only ones she actually liked and would eat a decent amount of.

Are you thinking of giving it a whirl for Rudey Dudey?

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Oh no they like all sorts of hay. They like the timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk and they also like the orchard hay from there. They've also tried the timothy and rye and meadow hay from hayandstraw.co.uk and seemed to like.

The one thing I've noticed is that the ings hay is the only one that they consistently like all the time. Their enthusiasm for the others can wax and wane at times.

Interestingly enough, when I first got Scrappy she wasn't a great hay eater. For me it was a godsend when I discovered the ings hay as that (and green oat) were the only ones she actually liked and would eat a decent amount of.

Are you thinking of giving it a whirl for Rudey Dudey?

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    Yes. I'm casually trying a new hay a week. I don't think there would be any point buying the sample box as I fear snaffly Mouse would trough it before I got a chance to see what Rudey thought. I've cheekily messaged them & asked if I can have a 9.5 sack for the 18 but with all three hays. Timothyhay.co.uk used to do this on my first couple of purchases

Ings is better at the mo. Timothy and Rue is usually the best but not great at the moment and all of my lot plus fosters (so 20+ buns) are rejecting it. Ings they are happy with though!

My 6 will eat all hay of all types. If it's there it's eaten !!

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Mama Doe

I buy from Hay & Straw and my bunnies love the Ings hay. It's the only one I've bought from them and it's the only one they sell which has not been treated with herbicide during the growing process (I emailed them to check as the 'Aminopyralid' herbicide used on hay has been killing people's homegrown veg when they've used compost with broken down hay in it from farms/stables etc)

I've always bought the Ings hay and never had a bad bag I'm looking after one of the vets rabbits at work and I see they have the meadow hay and although their rabbit seems to like it I think the bag is a bit dusty/not very green bay.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

thanks for all the info. Which is least stalky? i always err towards stalky & maybe he'd like something softer

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    thanks for all the info. Which is least stalky? i always err towards stalky & maybe he'd like something softer
    No experience with the hay-and-straw one, but usually Meadow Hay is softer.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Ings is quite soft imo compared to stalky Timothyhay.co.uk. It's long, fine strands.

Mine all love the ings hay, we did stop buying it though because a few times there was some really sharp stuff in the bag and I cut my hand getting it out. Also used to buy the straw from them, but I got a couple that had loads of flies in the bag and condensation :S I think because they send everything in plastic bags, rather than the breathable ones that Timothyhay.co.uk use.

Tried their other hays which weren't really liked that much, first hays I've had my lot turn their noses up at.. I'm lucky really my 4 are great hay eaters and will eat most hays.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk