Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Bonding a trio journey!! (updated 4th April)

Enjoying some dinner together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post

Enjoying some dinner together

awww

The best update

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

They've all been very sleepy today. Literally all conked out all day. I don't know if it's the hotter weather?

Day 8. Another peaceful night (I think, I slept without disturbances!). Not enjoying the heat today but they are enjoying the tiles and breeze from the fan

Little update!

The rabbits are still together, itís been around 12 days. We increased their space a little over the past few days and they now have access to our room, the landing and our spare room. There has been no fighting but lots of binkies from all 3! Especially when I caught Britney digging the carpet up! Lots of binkies followed

Britney and Whitney still snuggle together almost constantly. Sometimes Phillip sits near them but more often than not they sit like this:

The girls groom him from time to time and they all seem happy so I donít think thatís a problem? Does anyone have any thoughts - are they likely to get closer over time?

I think they probably will get closer in time - my trio did but they also went back & forwards a fair bit

Its fine IMO - Phillip has snuggles & bunny company. He also has his rep to preserve - he doesn't wan't to come on all needy & declaring his undying love too soon

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I think they probably will get closer in time - my trio did but they also went back & forwards a fair bit

Its fine IMO - Phillip has snuggles & bunny company. He also has his rep to preserve - he doesn't wan't to come on all needy & declaring his undying love too soon
    Yes I get that - after I wrote the last post Britney lunged and nipped at him silly rabbits.

Thank you for the affirmation. I think it works, he likes his own space, especially if heís having an off day with his arthritis, but knows they are (hopefully) there when he needs them

Doubting myself today. The 3 rabbits have been together for around three weeks. They predominantly live in our big spare room. They have access to our room and the landing too but only Phillip tends to use those spaces. The girls are still timid and know the spare room is their safe space I think.

Anyway they get on fine, there is the occasional nip and chase over food but nothing major. I'm just worried Phillip is left out though. He seems really happy and spends the majority of his time snoozing, as he always has done. The girls are still inseparable, they're almost like 1 large rabbit, and their bond hasn't been affected in the slightest by adding Phillip, but to me they don't seem bonded. They don't snuggle with Phillip, they occasionally groom him but they don't sit together at all that I can see. Phillip doesn't go over to them generally and they don't generally go over to him. It's like they just co-exist.
    I don't know what to make of it all. Like I say every bun seems happy. Getting another rabbit isn't an option and I don't want to separate as I don't think Phillip was any happier when he was on his own. Does anyone have any advice?

I’ve not had a trio before only a quad which was the result of me bonding my 2 boys (brothers) with my 2 girls (sisters) and there were definitely fleeting times especially in the early days when it looked like I had a trio and 1 bun and sometimes things would go forwards and backwards a little.

It’s good that the bond between your girls hasn’t been affected It sounds like they are all happy and if they are happy, then imo Philip coexisting with the girls is better than him being on his own. You could try restricting them all to the spare room to try to cement the bond further. Group bonds do seem to take a while longer to develop and relax into each other’s company because of all the dynamics involved.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx