Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Bonding a trio journey!! (updated 4th April)

A small backwards step, but at least you have a reason for it Hopefully Phillip will have become less territorial by the time you let them out again

It did make me think about Lopsy's bonding with Chibbs: he's so daft, he's always going to be 'bottom' bun but he's also not so good at rabbit social cues (he's not a very good rabbit, we think he's part cat and part dog as well ). He was really scared in the pen at the rescue and Chibbs was humping him loads. We brought them home, popped them into the playhouse and Lopsy relaxed totally and there was much less humping. He never humped Chibbs, he just wanted grooming (again with the social cues ). I reckon your experience is much more normal
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Everyone is very on edge and nippy today feel like we've gone massively backwards.

My buns are a bit fighty and had to shoo Maple away last night as Dennis keeps nipping her on the bottom. ( I dont know why he thinks he can swing it he is far too old) I think its Spring fever time for sure. Maple gets a crazy look in her eyes and you could cut the atmosphere with a knive!

Also regarding what Jane said about Bonding was a good point however, i think you have to weigh up the pros and cons. For example, Toby had many stasis episodes and was very unhappy on his own. He was much happier when Dennis was around. From the photos everything looks really positve. I do not wish bonding on my worstest enemy

"Dennis gonna make the volvic bottle pop, I`ma eat the carrot top, show em` how to make em hop baby" Words and lyrics by 50 cent - 2003

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post
    Everyone is very on edge and nippy today feel like we've gone massively backwards.
    I wouldn't say you've gone massively backwards. They've proved they're OK together, so just give them a little time to get back to the stage they were. The girls are going to have to regain their trust with Phillip.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I wouldn't say you've gone massively backwards. They've proved they're OK together, so just give them a little time to get back to the stage they were. The girls are going to have to regain their trust with Phillip.
    wise words I feel

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    wise words I feel
    Yes, I agree

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Thanks everyone...I think I just panicked earlier - the lack of sleep from watching over them and being woken up early by hungry rabbits is getting to me
    A calmer day and calm so far this evening. Phillip and Britney have even been snuggling

Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post
    Thanks everyone...I think I just panicked earlier - the lack of sleep from watching over them and being woken up early by hungry rabbits is getting to me
    A calmer day and calm so far this evening. Phillip and Britney have even been snuggling
    I found I was the same when bonding I’m so glad to hear things have settled down

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Good news It's definitely Spring: Chibbs was boxing Lopsy's bum this morning. I think he still has a better deal with her than Aboleth though: Aboleth would've just humped his face
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    Good news It's definitely Spring: Chibbs was boxing Lopsy's bum this morning. I think he still has a better deal with her than Aboleth though: Aboleth would've just humped his face
    They just have no regard for personal space do they