Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Bonding a trio journey!! (updated 4th April)

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Iíve not had a trio before only a quad which was the result of me bonding my 2 boys (brothers) with my 2 girls (sisters) and there were definitely fleeting times especially in the early days when it looked like I had a trio and 1 bun and sometimes things would go forwards and backwards a little.

Itís good that the bond between your girls hasnít been affected It sounds like they are all happy and if they are happy, then imo Philip coexisting with the girls is better than him being on his own. You could try restricting them all to the spare room to try to cement the bond further. Group bonds do seem to take a while longer to develop and relax into each otherís company because of all the dynamics involved.
    This is my view too. I think all bunny relationships are slightly different, much in the same way as human relationships. Tethra and Tui get on very well, but are not nearly as snuggly as Tethra was with his Mum, Dad and Brother. But he seems happy enough and for me that's the main thing. I watched yesterday as Tethra was snoozing very contentedly at the front of a litter tray outside (the part of the tray which was in the sunshine). Tui was fidgeting at the other end of the litter tray. Then she very deliberately went up to Tethra and kept nudging him to move. He resisted for a while and then moved to allow her to take his sunny spot and flopped down at the other end of the tray. I recount this because Tethra looked just as happy at the other end of the tray It's very likely that bunnies don't feel the same emotions as we would.

As long as they all look happy, I would leave them be and not try to force any change.

Our bunnies have always spent a lot of time apart (we have lots of areas and it's imortant for us to be able to have that sort of space) and Lopsy doesn't do any grooming but demands grooms, but he's definitely the bottom bun by the amount of humping he gets. I've always put it down to him not being a very good rabbit rather than any bond issue, as everybun seems happy
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

In my quads early days (2 impulse buy pet shop brothers bonded to two rescue sisters) there were times when Daisy got left out. They gradually settled and although shenis sometimes on her own she is often cuddled up to Frosty or to her sister, Tessie.

Bonds evolve over time.

Yours sounds peaceful and companiable. Dont worry!

Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    In my quads early days (2 impulse buy pet shop brothers bonded to two rescue sisters) there were times when Daisy got left out. They gradually settled and although shenis sometimes on her own she is often cuddled up to Frosty or to her sister, Tessie.

Bonds evolve over time.

Yours sounds peaceful and companiable. Dont worry!

this & so many other wise words you've received

Thanks everyone for all the words, advice and reassurance. It's much appreciated.
    I just panic a lot when the rabbits are involved! I've actually caught them over the past few days all snoozing in their house together, not cuddling, but sitting closely which is definitely a good sign!

this is lovely to hear

My trio dynamics were different but they did progress to getting closer & closer in their lying positions & then Boo woke up & forgot herself & groomed Mouse.
    I miss my trio.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    then Boo woke up & forgot herself & groomed Mouse.
    I miss my trio.
    Aww

You have two lovely pairs though