• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a trio journey!! (updated 4th April)

They’re still confined to our bedroom but together all the time. The plan is for them to all be free range eventually so hoping to secure the bond in our room for a couple of days before gradually increasing the space bit by bit. Not sure if that’s the right way to do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been quietly following this thread and eeek, wow I mean, talk about melting hearts. Phillip knows which side his bread is buttered and with b&w, he’s spoilt for choice.
What an amazing journey and you have done brilliantly to get this bond where it is. Treats all round to everybun. What a lovely heartwarming bonding thread.:love:

They’re still confined to our bedroom but together all the time. The plan is for them to all be free range eventually so hoping to secure the bond in our room for a couple of days before gradually increasing the space bit by bit. Not sure if that’s the right way to do it!

If its working its the right way to do it. I'm so proud of your bunnies

Thanks everyone [emoji16][emoji16]

Another peaceful night, woke up this morning and they were all sat in the same position next to each other as when we went to sleep :lol:
So proud of them all. I don’t think Phillip will ever be as close to them as the two girls are to one another but that’s ok as he likes his independence. So far so good though!

14f9e0aba77691c69c4aa38ffbebfb34.jpg

c46043f36a164bdfc814369d3e3ab7a1.jpg

f89c0944bc3f40f2334ee2abf0606d2d.jpg

b24a3217e8e461893b5377a64b4df9c7.jpg

Day 5. We increased the space a little today onto the landing and added a tunnel. They are gradually getting closer and there has still been no fighting :love:

54335b0771b1afafc49c662c6703f014.jpg

Hmm so Phillip is being a bit territorial over the bit of landing I’ve let them on. I think because he spent a lot of time on the landing before we started bonding he thinks they’re in his space. Not sure what to do!

Edit: Have decreased the space back to our bedroom. He kept mounting them and they were getting annoyed and nipping.

Last edited:
Hmm so Phillip is being a bit territorial over the bit of landing I’ve let them on. I think because he spent a lot of time on the landing before we started bonding he thinks they’re in his space. Not sure what to do!

Edit: Have decreased the space back to our bedroom. He kept mounting them and they were getting annoyed and nipping.

This is what I would have done. Id be tempted to leave them in that space for 48 hrs after all mounting and nipping has subsided.

A small backwards step, but at least you have a reason for it :) Hopefully Phillip will have become less territorial by the time you let them out again :)

It did make me think about Lopsy's bonding with Chibbs: he's so daft, he's always going to be 'bottom' bun but he's also not so good at rabbit social cues (he's not a very good rabbit, we think he's part cat and part dog as well :lol:). He was really scared in the pen at the rescue and Chibbs was humping him loads. We brought them home, popped them into the playhouse and Lopsy relaxed totally and there was much less humping. He never humped Chibbs, he just wanted grooming (again with the social cues :lol:). I reckon your experience is much more normal :D

My buns are a bit fighty and had to shoo Maple away last night as Dennis keeps nipping her on the bottom. ( I dont know why he thinks he can swing it he is far too old) I think its Spring fever time for sure. Maple gets a crazy look in her eyes and you could cut the atmosphere with a knive!

Also regarding what Jane said about Bonding was a good point however, i think you have to weigh up the pros and cons. For example, Toby had many stasis episodes and was very unhappy on his own. He was much happier when Dennis was around. From the photos everything looks really positve. I do not wish bonding on my worstest enemy :lol::lol:

Everyone is very on edge and nippy today :( feel like we've gone massively backwards.

I wouldn't say you've gone massively backwards. They've proved they're OK together, so just give them a little time to get back to the stage they were. The girls are going to have to regain their trust with Phillip.

I wouldn't say you've gone massively backwards. They've proved they're OK together, so just give them a little time to get back to the stage they were. The girls are going to have to regain their trust with Phillip.

wise words I feel

Thanks everyone...I think I just panicked earlier - the lack of sleep from watching over them and being woken up early by hungry rabbits is getting to me :lol:
A calmer day and calm so far this evening. Phillip and Britney have even been snuggling :love:

Thanks everyone...I think I just panicked earlier - the lack of sleep from watching over them and being woken up early by hungry rabbits is getting to me :lol:
A calmer day and calm so far this evening. Phillip and Britney have even been snuggling :love:

I found I was the same when bonding :wave: I’m so glad to hear things have settled down :love:

Good news :) It's definitely Spring: Chibbs was boxing Lopsy's bum this morning. I think he still has a better deal with her than Aboleth though: Aboleth would've just humped his face :lol:

Good news :) It's definitely Spring: Chibbs was boxing Lopsy's bum this morning. I think he still has a better deal with her than Aboleth though: Aboleth would've just humped his face :lol:

They just have no regard for personal space do they :lol: :lol:

Back