• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a trio journey!! (updated 4th April)

nap91

Mama Doe
All quiet at first. Britney nipped Phillip on the bottom but nothing came of it so they all carried on eating.

bb4a5a091f469f19d4fae8b9a53a3f16.jpg

5a35677b06eeb02ada3a903cf4874dde.jpg

Then the food disappeared. Phillip requested grooming but nobody obliged so he started mounting whichever bunny he could get his paws on. Britney and Whitney didn’t like this and stomped. We gave them a bit more food and ended on a happy note. The girls are still quite nervous so didn’t want to stress them out too much. No fighting though so that’s got to be a good thing?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sounds good so far :love: are you leaving them together now? I like to put a huge never ending pile of hay, forage and things in the middle to encourage them to eat together:love:

Sounds good so far :love: are you leaving them together now? I like to put a huge never ending pile of hay, forage and things in the middle to encourage them to eat together:love:

We’ve separated for now as we both have work tomorrow. Didn’t think to put hay down that’s a much healthier idea than pellets :lol:

We’ve separated for now as we both have work tomorrow. Didn’t think to put hay down that’s a much healthier idea than pellets :lol:

Pellets can often cause a frenzy even in fully bonded bunnies :lol: I use hay, dried and fresh forage, Readigrass and dried flower type mixes normally :thumb: lasts them quite a while and can be topped up without causing a whirlwind:thumb:

Fingers crossed for you all :thumb:

Bonding attempt 1

Day 2. [emoji3590] No fighting or chasing still, just some mounting from Phillip.

b64f5974eb345e14827ca5d2dd67bf0f.jpg

458b7c10efbe0a17536e6d7773ff91e0.jpg

b68cb8a04b593b06403a838d440ddc95.jpg

1ee870918e38922605d3bbac5bf4ab07.jpg

61a5f5f44e20f45ef55d81d08d2ea93e.jpg

36738dba4816fac699a2cac641855ab9.jpg

Last edited:
Fingers crossed it continues to go well :love: Watch out for anybun getting territorial over the little house and the bowl. I had to remove a litter tray in the early stages of bonding as they were both trying to claim it :roll: and I ended up scatter feeding hay etc. It was a messy business :lol:

Day 3: Less mounting from Phillip but more nips from Britney when he attempted it. Also a few nips from Phillip when neither of them would groom him as he is constantly requesting it! Britney is definitely the more dominant one and Whitney is the more timid one. Phillip just needs to work out his place. Not too sure how it’s all going to pan out! Still no fighting though so that’s a positive

d6f73c8b857ba0e0f4ab476302bb5889.jpg

1919eae4799286fa5dec1428c117b0e2.jpg

e6e10d4a661efac07985193228a3e622.jpg

I've come here to complain about waiting for date three & see I missed it. So far so good. You can see more of the originals dynamics when group bonding can't you. I find it v interesting- like my Trio had been together 4 years & it was only when Rudey arrived on the scene we found out Boo was Joeys favourite.

They look lovely together

When is date 4?

Date 4: We've been a bit rubbish with bonding recently and work has been getting in the way. Anyway not a good attempt tonight. Phillip was very chasey, and not in his normal mounting way, more of an aggressive chase which resulting in him nipping Britney a few times. She's feisty and nips back. They're all ok but we've separated for today. Will try again tomorrow in a smaller space.

Date 4: We've been a bit rubbish with bonding recently and work has been getting in the way. Anyway not a good attempt tonight. Phillip was very chasey, and not in his normal mounting way, more of an aggressive chase which resulting in him nipping Britney a few times. She's feisty and nips back. They're all ok but we've separated for today. Will try again tomorrow in a smaller space.

Fingers crossed for a more positive session next time.

Oh dear, sounds like Phillip's trying to throw his weight around but the girls aren't having it!

Good luck, hope things go a bit better tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Back