• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a trio journey!! (updated 4th April)

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. It might be worth trying for a continued bonding period, if you can set aside a couple of days or so then you may be able to have them much more bonded by the end of it if it all goes well. I know it’s intense though!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. It might be worth trying for a continued bonding period, if you can set aside a couple of days or so then you may be able to have them much more bonded by the end of it if it all goes well. I know it’s intense though!

To be honest I think when we separate half the time it's more for our own sanity than anything! My stress levels are through the roof when bonding :lol: I think you're right though, have been watching some bonding videos tonight and it's given me some more confidence. I have a week off work in Feb so should be able to try it then! :D

To be honest I think when we separate half the time it's more for our own sanity than anything! My stress levels are through the roof when bonding :lol: I think you're right though, have been watching some bonding videos tonight and it's given me some more confidence. I have a week off work in Feb so should be able to try it then! :D

I know bonding is very stressful! lack of sleep and nervousness and stress all rolled into one. My bonding kit consisted of puppy pen, lots of tasty hay and forage, a dustpan and some old ski gloves to slide in between bunnies if necessary, plenty of food and drink and snacks for me, wine (probably most important item on the list ;) :lol:) , bunnycam, pet remedy diffuser, and a helper for toilet breaks. Oh and a mattress next to the bonding pen for a couple of sleepless nights. Not because there was any scuffles, just because they were noisily munching :lol:

I agree a long bonding period should be more productive although I also agree it is one of the most stressful experiences out there. I hope Britney & Phillip sort out whose boss bunny before too long - whose your money on? Lots of vibes - you can do it xx

This may not be a popular post............... :oops: but if I were you I would have a bit more of a think about bonding Phillip with the girls due to his Heart Disease. Bonding a trio is a lot more stressful for any Rabbit as there is more issues re establishing hierarchy and any Rabbit with a 'vulnerability' will be identified by more robust Rabbits. Rabbits with heart disease to the extent of requiring medication are most certainly at risk in high stress situations. This is of course just my personal opinion and maybe you have already discussed he pros and cons of bonding the Trio with your Vet. Please feel free to ignore this post, but I felt I had to point out the risk posed by exposing a Rabbit with Heart Disease to a high stress situation.

A bond with a placid submissive single neutered Doe, or even an elderly submissive neutered Buck ( my easiest bonds have been with two neutered older Bucks) is going to be less stressful for Phillip. But you may not be in a position to take on a 4th Rabbit.

I apologise if my post causes upset, it is not my intention to do so.

Best wishes for whatever you decide to do.

This may not be a popular post............... :oops: but if I were you I would have a bit more of a think about bonding Phillip with the girls due to his Heart Disease. Bonding a trio is a lot more stressful for any Rabbit as there is more issues re establishing hierarchy and any Rabbit with a 'vulnerability' will be identified by more robust Rabbits. Rabbits with heart disease to the extent of requiring medication are most certainly at risk in high stress situations. This is of course just my personal opinion and maybe you have already discussed he pros and cons of bonding the Trio with your Vet. Please feel free to ignore this post, but I felt I had to point out the risk posed by exposing a Rabbit with Heart Disease to a high stress situation.

A bond with a placid submissive single neutered Doe, or even an elderly submissive neutered Buck ( my easiest bonds have been with two neutered older Bucks) is going to be less stressful for Phillip. But you may not be in a position to take on a 4th Rabbit.

Thanks for the post Jane, no offense caused, appreciate your opinion as always :)

We did discuss with JC when he was last at the vets who was happy for the bond to go ahead. However you’re right and we don’t want to stress him out hence not pushing the bond too fast and just seeing how things go. We wouldn’t ever want to stress him out unnecessarily and if it doesn’t work out then we will keep the girls separate. I was watching him this morning demolish his greens thinking how much happier he seems than in December. So if it works then great but if it’s stressing him out too much then we will rethink :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had forgotten about Phillip’s heart disease and I’ve never experienced it so I am glad you have posted this, it helps people to learn from others knowledge of these situations :love:

Thanks for the post Jane, no offense caused, appreciate your opinion as always :)

We did discuss with JC when he was last at the vets who was happy for the bond to go ahead. However you’re right and we don’t want to stress him out hence not pushing the bond too fast and just seeing how things go. We wouldn’t ever want to stress him out unnecessarily and if it doesn’t work out then we will keep the girls separate. I was watching him this morning demolish his greens thinking how much happier he seems than in December. So if it works then great but if it’s stressing him out too much then we will rethink :)

I am sure you will always have Phillip’s best interests at heart as always. I think it’s always good to have a plan B in these situations.

I am sure you will always have Phillip’s best interests at heart as always. I think it’s always good to have a plan B in these situations.

He’s currently conked out on his side next to their room :love:

If it doesn’t work then the girls will just have to continue to live in their current room (with exploring from time to time) and Phillip will have the rest of the house as he does now. Makes it a little more awkward but we took them on knowing it might not work.

We shall see though, Phillip likes them a lot so it might work out! [emoji1696]

He’s currently conked out on his side next to their room :love:

If it doesn’t work then the girls will just have to continue to live in their current room (with exploring from time to time) and Phillip will have the rest of the house as he does now. Makes it a little more awkward but we took them on knowing it might not work.

We shall see though, Phillip likes them a lot so it might work out! [emoji1696]

Fingers crossed for you all:love:

I am so relieved that my comments did not cause offence. For other people reading this thread ( one does not have to be a member of RU to read Rabbit Chat)I just wanted to highlight the additional risks involved when attempting to bond a Trio of Rabbits when one of them has Heart Disease; and the fact that Trio bonding is always more stressful for all Rabbits concerned than a one-to-one introduction. It is obvious that you are very mindful of the situation and that you will do whatever is best for your Rabbits :)

0e7bb9a5e8979b3addb0da0b3534f387.jpg

fcbfc1ad8ef33784b6420bfcb9be8999.jpg

2af31f929f997af5de1a9b3a5261c887.jpg

Just love them all :love:

they are all stunning - I have the hugest soft spot for phillip though.

Was the carrot cottage a good distraction for this date? everybun playing nicely?

Was the carrot cottage a good distraction for this date? everybun playing nicely?

Best £15 I’ve spent this year! They’ve all been moving around it nicely trying to find the tastiest carrot patch :love:

Currently sat with them all, so far so good today, no chasing or fighting. Phillip keeps licking us though, he’s not quite got the right idea yet :lol:

Feel like bonding is happening between the wrong people :roll:

9d22d316a471eff9329c726b2027e181.jpg

Best £15 I’ve spent this year! They’ve all been moving around it nicely trying to find the tastiest carrot patch :love:

Currently sat with them all, so far so good today, no chasing or fighting. Phillip keeps licking us though, he’s not quite got the right idea yet :lol:

Good to hear. Yeah Boo used to groom her dad more than the bunnies. Maybe he is keeping on the right side of the people top bunnies

Bonding a trio journey!!

Well there’s been lots of mounting from Phillip (as he did when bonding with Snowy) but the girls are much more confident now and just run away to eat elsewhere. All in all everybun seems very relaxed today.

e85a2f97d69e926ea467331f331cca15.jpg

9ebe92cb57ce672a4b5de02b4c9316d3.jpg

Back