• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Toasty's making light wheezing/snorting sounds

I'm so very sorry to read this sad update. You did everything you could, Toasty couldn't have had a better friend and carer. Binky free little Toasty xxx

Iam sorry for your loss. Toasty wanted to be with you as he passed, and I know he heard and felt your love as he had throughout your time together. He was not alone as he passed and you are not alone now.Toasty lives in your heart and thoughts forever more.

I am so sorry to read this update. Toasty had the very best life he could with you - and no bun could want more.
Binkey free beautiful Toasty. xx

I am so sorry that Toasty had to leave :,( bunnies are so special, we all know what you are going through. Sending lots of love xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I am so very sorry to hear of Toasty's passing. :cry: It's so very difficult when it happens so suddenly and at home. But he was able to be with you and that is most important. He knew he was loved and cared for.
Thinking of you and sending hugs.
Sleep well, Toasty. :cry: xxxx

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. I haven't been able to come on here since then because I was in shock. He meant the world to me and I can never forget him. I buried him in my garden where he can hear birds chirping every day <3. I'm having a hard time dealing with it because I saw Toasty scream and cry before he passed away. It keeps replaying in my mind. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this, it keeps taunting me everyday and I wish he had passed away more peacefully :cry:. Sorry in advance as i don't mean to upset anyone reading this, I don't really have anyone that I can talk to it about.

You've been in my thoughts these past 2 weeks Toasty. It was clear how much you loved your bun & I know you'll be hurting like crazy. I haven't experienced it but I've regularly heard of rabbits screaming towards the very end of their lives. You did everything you could, including giving him lots of happy, well cared for years. Hugs xx

You've been in my thoughts these past 2 weeks Toasty. It was clear how much you loved your bun & I know you'll be hurting like crazy. I haven't experienced it but I've regularly heard of rabbits screaming towards the very end of their lives. You did everything you could, including giving him lots of happy, well cared for years. Hugs xx

Thanks joey&boo, he was the first one so close to me to pass away, I'm trying to take it one day at a time, thanks for keeping Toasty in your thoughts <3

Back