Thread: Nutri rescue by small pet select?

Default Nutri rescue by small pet select?

Hello all.
    I've just come across a website called small pet select. I was impressed with a couple of the things on there. The Hair Buster comb and the nutri rescue range.
    It's the nutri rescue range I would esp like your opinion on. It comes in a large syringe like panacur does.

Have any of you heard of it/ used it?

I was impressed with it and it seems a better option than all of the stuff we have to wet into a paste which never gets sucked into the syringe!

Anyone? I found the site via the rabbit loving community on Instagram. The list of ingredients seem impressive and I haven't seen anything like it in UK other than the recovery type powders

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Anyone? I found the site via the rabbit loving community on Instagram. The list of ingredients seem impressive and I haven't seen anything like it in UK other than the recovery type powders
    Yea I've heard of it before, seems expensive for what it is imo.. That comb looks like lots of others I've seen but that ones 3x the price I can't say about any of their food as I never looked in detail because I'm happy with what I use from elsewhere. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Just had a look at the syringe feeding thing - Fibre content does not look great - plus again mad expensive... You'd need loads of tubes I use the excel dual care for syringe feeding, you do have to add water etc though, but a whole bag is not expensive at all. I'm not normally one to worry about cost, but small pet select just seems like a rip off imo

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Graciee; 01-01-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Ok thanks
    The syringe with the paste is actually huge, about the size of a tube of large toothpaste.
    Yes you're right about the fibre content I noticed that too.
    I've noticed that alot of the web links that Instagram show you are never as good as they seem.
    Ps the paste has bovine colostrum and non fat milk solids, these don't seem normal for rabbit recovery??

Ok thanks
    The syringe with the paste is actually huge, about the size of a tube of large toothpaste.
    Yes you're right about the fibre content I noticed that too.
    I've noticed that alot of the web links that Instagram show you are never as good as they seem.
    Ps the paste has bovine colostrum and non fat milk solids, these don't seem normal for rabbit recovery??
    It's only 30ml! That wouldn't last me very long at all if there's a stasis episode here

Yea there's a lot of stuff in it that doesn't seem great to me.. Or what a rabbit needs.. Seems like a pretty useless product imo, I can see the tube appeal though a bit like fibreplex

They do a 60 ml one too, that's one I was referring to.

I'm getting a bit fed up with Instagram linking to all sorts..

They do a 60 ml one too, that's one I was referring to.

I'm getting a bit fed up with Instagram linking to all sorts..
    Yea I guess as well it depends on the size of your buns, mine are all quite large so the amount needed would be more for my smallest bun who last needed syringe feeding it was 10-15ml every 4 hours

Yea I hate advertising like that!

Mama Doe

A 60ml syringe would do a couple of feeds - but I would find it very difficult to use with one hand (with one holding the rabbit). I tend to use 10ml or 20ml syringes as they hold a decent amount (not too many refills) and can be operated with one hand.

I find the powder very easy and convenient to use. It stores well and has a long shelf life. Mixed with a little apple or carrot puree, it works well and has kept many of my rabbits (and the odd guinea pig) going. These days I tend to only use the powder for emergency use, and go back to soaked pellets (or powder saved from the pellet bag) for longer term use / top up feeds. I make up a day's worth in a small jar and fridge it between uses. It can be warmed up with a little boiling water. I wouldn't buy pre-prepared syringes.