• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

~Candle Ceremony 2019~ In Loving Memorial of Friends Never Forgotten

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
Hello everyone,

It's that time of year again. Thank you all for allowing me to lead this thread which has become our annual tradition. :love:

Here is the sacred space where we come to remember those we have had to say tearful goodbyes to over the last 12 months, and to remember fondly those still in our hearts years later. They can be four legged or two legged
...all are part of our families and our souls. If you have a photo or a candle to add to your posts, please do so that we may all remember with you, your loved ones.

I'm on my phone this morning so cannot add pictures. I'll do so when I'm on my laptop this evening. But some of those who've been foremost in my mind are; Mimzy, Pip, Fiver, Griffyn, Shadow, Tooey. And also Grandpa F who we lost most recently in October. All of you live on in my heart and soul, and you always will. Sleep peacefully and sweet dreams. :cry:

Thank you all and may the new year bring more smiles than tears for you and yours. :love: xxxx

I can't post a photo (cant seem to ever get it to work)

But I want to Remember my family's gorgeous tabby Leeloo who went over the bridge this year at the baby age of 7

Thank you for making the thread. Thinking of everyone who has said goodbye to some one this year. xx

We said goodbye to Marcie in November, far too soon.

IMG_20190419_125625683

I will be remembering lots of my small furries, sadly too many to post, who I've lost over the years. Not 2019 but will be thinking of 'Bedlington' Jack. My first dog as an adult, said goodbye on 1st December 2016 so always think of him throughout December.

WP_20160829_019 by Hliz, on Flickr

Remembering our beautiful Snowy who we lost last month. The house hasn’t been the same without her [emoji3590][emoji3590]

adca421f537de4eb76be0a0070c11116.jpg

38c22b07ace66f271f4184535c2c2081.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Princess Mylo, it's been almost 2 months and it still hurts like heck. She'll always be my special girl :love:
wa5PqQE.jpg

Also thinking of several doggy customers we've lost at work. I feel like we lost a lot more than usual this year - Some expected and some very suddenly. They obviously weren't my dogs but we do grow close to the regulars :(

So sorry for everyone who has lost a furry friend in the last 12 months, or before. Hugs to you all xx

I would like to remember my beautiful boy Toffee, who was helped to the bridge 3 years ago. We miss you every single day sweetheart, and you are never ever forgotten. Lots of love from mummy, sister Treacle and big brother George xxx
GvhU5iE.jpg

8GxfCmi.jpg

G2u1az0.png

r4VJMHs.jpg

The Unfinished

We cannot judge a biography by it's length
Nor by the number of pages in it.
We must judge it by the riches of it's contents
Sometimes those unfinished are among the most poignant

We cannot judge a song by it's duration
Nor by the number of it's notes
We must judge it by the way it touches and lifts our souls
Sometimes those unfinished are among the most beautiful

And when something has enriched your life
And when it's melody lingers on in your heart
Is it finished ?
Or is it endless ?

~ Anon

EdAzYaJ.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on my phone so can't add a photo, but want to remember my little Teddy Bear who we lost on 29.05.19. I realised a few days ago that I never did a rainbow bridge post for him at the time, so this is the perfect opportunity to remember him again. He went through a lot and coped remarkably well with life, never letting it get him down. I have his ashes on the windowsill, can't bring myself to put them anywhere else yet. Lilac sniffed them on Xmas day, I like to think she's saying hello to him.

I don't have a photo at the minute but I would like to remember Freija my German shepherd. She was like another person in the house and she really looked after me. I miss her big body so much

And Bumble Bunny who was amazing. She really enjoyed life andb she wanted to stay till the end. It just got too much for her. I will never forget you beautiful Bumble Bunny xxxx

I’d like to remember little Oscar, the guinea pig, who I lost in November. Also my little Boo, who deteriorated suddenly on Christmas Eve. She fought so hard, and always bounced back with a smile on her face, ready to knock her partner over in her excitement at food time!

I also would like to remember Lucky, my dog, and Mr Bubble. I loved you both so very much. Even after over 2 years, I miss you both every day x

I would like to remember my beautiful bunny Benson, who at 8 1/2 years old, we lost in August after a reoccurring abscess behind his eye finally took it's toll on him. I feel blessed we were able to have him with us for a year and a half longer than we initially expected - he fought so hard to stay with us and his second wife Minnie Mocha. Now resting in the garden along with his love rival Django and first wifey April.

I would also like to remember a very dear and long life friend, who sadly passed in February, she was so much fun, with so much love to give - she always hid her illness well. I text her lots of love & hugs this day last year, and she replied wishing me a happy new year, sadly I couldn't say the same to her as we both knew what lay ahead. I miss her and her laughter so much :cry:

To everyone else who has loved and lost this year, my thoughts are with you all xx

Thank you for making the thread MM and such lovely words.

Thinking of everyone who's lost much loved furry family members this year. 2019 was a particularly sad year for us, losing our moggy Skye in January and Kane the ginger giant in June. :( Both gone but never ever forgotten. Xx
25ae8e98339e35676f04f073646a66a4.jpg
7614f2bee4e06519b01a48a5704639c6.jpg

Back