• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding stopped progressing

LumiKanin

New Kit
I am currently bonding a male and a female rabbit, both neutered, but they dont seem to get along.

When I first put them together, the female attacked the male a few times (he was bitten near the eye). And after that, whenever they are in a slightly bigger area, the male just freezes and doesnt move at all. Sometim he jumps on me for safety. When I put them in a room, the male just rans as far as he can when the female approaches. The thing is, I dont think the female is trying to hurt him, he just seems to be overreacting.

How do I continue the bonding? Should I put them through stress bonding again?

This sounds similar to bonding I just went through. Everyone does things slightly differently, with me I found that putting them in a small space for 10-15 minutes with food was the best method because the female was so over-reactive. I just kept persisting, it took a month or so before they were comfortable with each other, just keep at it with them.

First I tried in a room where they've never been to, then I tried the room where the male is kept, thinking it would kind of balance things out, but he was still really scared

Back