• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orange wood? :S

Graciee

Staff member
Anyone know what this is?
8c60c1d2dfec109cb3d216106d6f86d4.jpg
fd5fb0bedd38245fc1709840acc4e4f3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

assuming its not sticky (sappy) in any way Bob says not to worry about your buns, its normal for pigments to vary throughout the wood & the orange bits are probably where the branches would have been.

Its pretty. What wood is it?

assuming its not sticky (sappy) in any way Bob says not to worry about your buns, its normal for pigments to vary throughout the wood & the orange bits are probably where the branches would have been.

Its pretty. What wood is it?

Ah thank you! Yea not sticky so that's good :)

I'm not too sure actually, it's this hutch https://www.petscorner.co.uk/small-animal/hutches-runs/great-small-jumbo-guinea-pig-rabbit-hutch

The white buns have a very large 6ft double hutch, then a 16ft run around tube, which connects to their run, which is great but Penelope is blind, Apricot hasn't got great sight but copes well and is confident whereas I noticed Penelope wouldn't leave the hutch for long and wasn't really getting use of the run, whereas Apricot was always out there [emoji38] they had hides in the run but they've very large rabbits and tbh I don't think she felt secure enough, even though ofc it's extremely secure [emoji38] so we bought that hutch and put it in the run, and she loves it, spends so much time out there now running around but also lounging in the hutch, and it's great because we have the doors shut on it, and it has a built in ramp so we just leave that constantly down :) and if she's spooked she has a very dark, nest box filled with hay right by her, which she uses lots :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Back