Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonding - need confidence even though experienced

Actually I think I could probably cobble something together in the corner of the run - will have a play tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Good luck. I do think it makes sense to give everybun more time

What a lovely looking kennel. Hope all goes well once you do have the time to bond them.

So with some jiggery pokery using cable ties, screws, cardboard and wood we have a temporary enclosure for Freddie. It's definitely not as big as I would like but it's only temporary. Have put some cardboard on the mesh lid under the throw just in case Jess decides to jump on top but I don't think she will.

I will get Freddie out for a run around as often as I can and hopefully can get onto some serious bonding mid-Jan. Fu gers crossed as I'm becoming attached to the little fella and would hate to have to take home back to the rescue.

Thanks for all the advice - I'll keep you posted. Merry xmas all!!

Fingers crossed for you all that it works out. I know what you mean, I would have hated having to take Fern back if the bond hadn’t have worked, you do get attached to them quickly

Wise Old Thumper

I think they will bond when Jess gets used to him a bit more. Hope they are ok during your week away. Happy Christmas to you also!

Hello all

So been a while since my posts before xmas. Thank you all for your assurances and support at that stressful time.

Jess and Freddie have been living side by side for a month. I finally took the plunge yesterday in starting to bond them and it appears to have worked!

We had one rather hairy moment where I think Freddie got scared and he just kept going for Jess and I had to hold them apart for 30secs to just allow them to 'reset' and calm down - its soooooo stressful!

Last night we had reached the battle of wills point where neither would groom the other but they've been alright overnight. This morning I've done the age old trick of mushed banana on the head and both have now 'groomed' eachother so I'm hoping that starts to solidify things.

There has been ZERO HUMPING. That concerns me a little bit but if they can become friends without it then hopefully when the spring humps kick in they'll just move away from one another.

Some pics

How wonderful, thanks for such a positive update. I've had as many hump free bonds as humpy ones (rabbits not me)

Jess is sooooo fluffy

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    How wonderful, thanks for such a positive update. I've had as many hump free bonds as humpy ones (rabbits not me)

Jess is sooooo fluffy
    Thanks

Yes Jess very fluffy!! She needs a good brush to be honest - she always gets a ring of fur around her bum area which needs a good brush bless her. I hate that she's bred that way as its a nightmare for her but Freddie and I will take care of her.

Aww Iím so pleased itís working out well